Saturday, January 30, 2010

23 Years and Counting

So today I turned 23. And since no one was here to witness it, I took pictures to document as a blog entry so that no one will feel like they missed anything (not that there was much to miss!)

It started with a wonderful birthday card from my awesome in-laws that arrived a few days ago. The card was so sweet, I honestly almost cried.
After I got off work this afternoon, I had a Skype call with my family (we talked for an hour and a half and it was so fabulous!), and that's when I opened my presents.

I got the Children's Songbook on CD from Devin...
Stackable cooling racks for baking from Leisl and Wesley...
DownEast shirts from my parents (you can seriously never have too many of these things. I think I have almost every color now!)...
And of course there are the earrings that Tyler gave me before he left.
Speaking of Tyler, he didn't have work today so he explored some of the town, did some family history, and talked to me for about 3 1/2 hours on and off. Oh, and today is also our six month mark of marriage! So happy six monthiversary to us!

Anyway...I had a yummy dinner of my favorite Pasta-Roni (Shells and White Cheddar) and some veggies.
And for dessert I made a serving size cake in the microwave. It is, of course, Funfetti...that's my favorite. And I topped it off with a scoop of Blue Bunny Cookie Dough ice cream. Yum.
And for anyone who may be interested in how I made a cake in the microwave...it was 1/2 cup of cake mix, 1/3 cup of water, and I microwaved it for approx. 1 1/2 minutes. But I think the time varies depending on the microwave. I would recommend starting at 90 seconds (which is what the recipe said...that just didn't do it for me) and work your way up as needed.

So...now I'm twenty three. And no, I don't feel older...yet...

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds like a great Birthday! And Happy Birthday to you. Isn't it crazy how old were getting, and how fast it all goes! And congrats on being married for 6 months!!!

Cassott Kinghorn said...

You're my hero Tenika! Happy Birthday :)

Tamsyn said...

Awww.... thanks for documenting your birthday! I really enjoyed reading it!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you were still able to enjoy yourself despite being alone for the celebrations. =)

Thanks for the m/w cake recipe, but just to clear things up... isn't 90 seconds the same thing as 1 1/2 minutes? Would you recommend starting at 60 seconds?