For the past month, we have been anxiously awaiting news of where Tyler would get to go and when. We really wanted Tyler to have a job, and like any other couple we needed the money! However, we both dreaded the separation.
Well, just when we were told not to expect any work for him until the middle of February....he got a call yesterday saying they wanted him in Colorado today. Talk about quick! So he packed his bags and waited to hear his itinerary.
While we were waiting (since we were told we wouldn't find out until the next morning) we made the most of our time together. Since Saturday is my birthday, we went out to dinner. And Tyler gave me my birthday present...earrings I'd been wanting! We took a picture, but I don't think you can really see the earrings. Just know they are pretty.
On our way to the Idaho Falls airport this morning, I took some pictures of the scenery. It's been really foggy here lately, and this morning it put frost on the trees. It really was beautiful, even if the fog was a pain to drive in!
Well, Tyler got safely to the airport and I got safely home...even with tears in my eyes and fog surrounding the car. (I know, I'm such a baby! He isn't gone forever, and we have cell phones and email and skype...) He also got safely to Colorado, for which I am very grateful. And even better, he will be working with his uncle...I almost forgot to mention that!
We don't know how long he will be there, or if he'll come home when that job is done or get flown to another base. I'm working on counting my blessing. It's great that Tyler has a job now. We could definitely use the money, and he's been going crazy sitting at home with nothing much to do. He's been gone less than 12 hours and I miss him like crazy already. BUT looking on the bright side of even THAT...we have Skype and the blessed boy got me a webcam for Christmas. So in approximately half an hour he should be settled into his hotel and we will chat it up.
4 comments:
I understand how hard that is. I still hate it when Justin leaves. I am gald to hear that he got there safe and that you are doing pretty good about it. Your right, keep busy and talk as much as you can and it wont be so bad.
Congrats on getting the job, Tyler. Sorry you have to be separated for a while, though. =P I love that you're looking on the bright side of it, Tenika. Good job keeping at your new resolution! =)
Sorry guys, but I'm glad you will have some income! :)
At least you're able to Skype with him. I remember when Kyle and I were engaged, his mom had planned a family cruise before we even met, so Kyle couldn't drop out. I was a lonely and bride-to-be without my future hubby! AHG. It was sad. However, he did call me from Haiti :) SO I kept myself really busy by working at Jamestown all day! ha.
Post a Comment