Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snowmen With Stories

I guess I haven't really talked about work on my blog. So quickly...when Tyler and I got married I took a job at an assisted living facility in Rigby. It wasn't giving me enough money or hours, so when I got offered a job doing PSR (Psycho-Social Rehabilitation) work, I took it. But when I put in my two weeks notice at the assisted living facility, they asked me if I would please stay as an on-call employee. So I did. And then they asked if I would work three times a week doing activities with the resident. So that's what I do now, on top of my work in PSR.

Back in December, before I'd actually started PSR, the residents and I made candy cane sugar cookies by twisting together red and white sugar cookie dough. This is a picture of their efforts.

On Monday, we made edible snowmen using marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, pretzels, and frosting. I thought they turned out so funny that I had to share.

This first one used half a pretzel as the arms, and shoved the pretzel the whole way through the marshmallow. So the arms turned out a little short.

I have to admit this is my favorite one. It looks more like a porcupine than a snowman. Lol


This resident could never understand how to use the frosting as a glue. So she spent a lot of effort trying to smash the chocolate chips into the marshmallow. And I like this snowman's super long arms too.


There's a nice story behind these two snowmen. They were in the war. Which is why they are missing arms. At first the resident was going to put arms and legs on the snowman, but he changed his mind. "He lost them in the war," he informed me when I asked why the snowman had only one arm.

Oh it's fun! And just think...one day I'll be the one who makes snowmen that look like porcupines, or who are missing limbs because of the war.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

That is cool you stayed doing that, I didn't know what you do. So do you like your jobs. Wow, your a busy women- No wonder you have felt stressed. But keep up the good work. And I am glad to hear Tyler found something as well.

Megan said...

That sounds like a fun second job. And all those activity ideas will definitely come in handy in future years! =)