Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wedding Bells...

Yup, it's true. Tyler and I are engaged, and incredibly happy.







Here's the story....I'd had a super bad day at work. I was overreacting, yes, but it was a build-up of stress and...anyway...not the point. I'm stressed and upset and just ready to LEAVE! Tyler came to pick me up and as soon as we got in the car, I just started going off about my day. He was very patient, listened, and helped me to calm down by giving me the opportunity to vent. (He's so wonderful that way!!!) Then he told me he had a gift for me and pointed to a wooden box sitting in the center console of the car.



I opened it up and...there was a little key. About three-ish years ago, when we had been dating like...6 months maybe??? I gave him the "key to my heart" and that's what was in the box. I have to admit, I was a bit confused and asked him why he would give that back to me...I don't need the key to my own heart! He agreed and said he'd keep it if I wanted him too, which I did.



So then he starts tracing letters on my knee with his finger. It took me a minute to realize he was writing something, so he had to start over. He wrote "Will you marry me?" And I said, "Haven't I told you before that I would?!" Because yes, we had talked about this before. Still though...way to ruin the moment, Tenika!!! Tyler's such a good sport...



That's when he pulls the ring out of his pocket and puts it on my finger, asking me again if I will marry him. Of course I will!



Tyler called the temple today and we are getting married July 30th....in the Rexburg Temple. Here's another cute story....we actually went to the groundbreaking of the Rexburg Temple (July 30th, 2005) together, and that was the day we told each other we had feelings for one another. So...very cute and special for us.



My ring is gorgeous (but it sure is hard to take pictures of super shiny little things like that!!!), yes we are happy, yes I will have to move up to Idaho after we get married...Have I answered everyone's questions???

3 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations, Tenika!! I am so happy for you. Good luck with the wedding plans -- you'll have to keep us posted! :)

misty said...

i plan to be there but i want to see pictures and i want details.

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Rexburg, oh my goodness, that is sooo cute! I had forgotten that you two had GONE to the ground breaking. CUTE!