Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wedding Plans

Wow, planning a wedding takes more effort than I want to put into it. Doesn't that sound lazy? It's just...there are sooo many details and formalities...some of which I would prefer to skip. Sigh. Oh well!

I started writing my guest list the other day and I am paranoid that I will forget someone. And not even because that person isn't important to me...but because as soon as I pulled out a pen and paper my mind froze up. Luckily I have a few months to add anyone I forgot to the list.

Tyler called the temple last week and set up our actual wedding (hurray!!!). The sealing room will only hold twenty people, so we have to be very selective. Hopefully no one will be offended when they don't get to come to the temple with us. Family first!!!

We are still working on where we will hold the reception. There are several options, we are just weighing the pros and cons. Such as cost...or how I kinda don't want to hold it inside...if only money weren't an issue, right?! I keep telling Tyler that if we were rich life would be so much easier.

Oh, another thing we are doing...looking for housing in Rexburg. It's a pain. Every time I look at the price of rent, I just shudder. The sad thing is, Rexburg housing is fairly cheap. It's just that we will be so poor. The two things we would really like in an apartment are internet and a washer and dryer. And we'd really, really like a two bedroom place. That way if we have little Tylers and Tenikas running around while we are still in Idaho, we won't have to move.

There is so much to think about before the wedding, it just blows my mind. Between a wedding license, housing, insurance, the reception, the honeymoon....yikes! How do people do this? I've always been scared of real life. If I wasn't so in love with Tyler, I think I might back out and vote to just live in my parents' basement forever...it would certainly be easier!

But of all that...the thing that's getting to me the most right now is being seperated from Tyler. How stupid is that? Not stupid because I shouldn't miss him...but because we've had a long distance relationship for so long...and yet I'm missing him more NOW than I did before we were engaged...why is that?! I am glad he's in school though. I'm actually a bit jealous of him...I want to go back to school. (I know, I know, what's wrong with me?!) It's okay, 100 more days and we'll be married and in the same state...permanently. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Weddings are full of so many little details. But you'll do just fine -- take advantage of the internet and friends who have been there before. My advice: plan out what kinds of photos you want taken. We forgot to get a picture of us together with my family, and I really regret that.