Wednesday, January 1, 2014

This year has been so crazy!  I can't believe 2013 is coming to an end.  Looking back over the past 12 months, I feel like not only has a lot changed within our family, but a lot has changed within myself.  I have grown so much and I am so grateful for the opportunities I have been given throughout this year that helped me to grow.

From January to the beginning of May, our family continued living in Provo.  We loved our basement apartment and our ward and would have been okay with staying there for several years.  Unfortunately we had to move when the landlord decided to come from South Carolina and move into the home.  We spent some time looking at other apartments and then we were approached with the idea of moving into my grandmother's basement and being there to help her.  It was a hard decision for me because I knew how much it would change not only what I did with my time each day, but also possibly my relationship with my grandmother.  I would be more than just a grand-daughter visiting, I would be a caregiver.  And that's not always easy.  But we prayed long and hard and Heavenly Father told me over and over (just to make sure I got the point) that I should do this.  He also told me that this move was NOT for me, but for others.

Moving in with Grandma was an adjustment of course, but it has been so wonderful.  Jamison has loved adding visiting Grandma and helping her with things to our daily routine.  He is always asking to help with everything so I find ways for him to contribute to the care giving.  And Grandma has taught me so much.  We've both adjusted to working with each other and learning together how we can best make this work.  She has helped me to learn and grow in so many ways.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have been given to serve and learn from my grandmother.




In July, Tyler's job description changed and he was given new responsibilities at work.  He is still doing Tech Support but now he does the phone systems and wireless security throughout the district instead of just fixing problems at a few assigned schools. In the space of two weeks, he technically received two promotions.  He now has the job he had hoped to have if he continued working for the Provo School District for five or more years.  I am so happy for, and proud of, my husband!

August 10th we welcomed a new baby boy to our family.  Gregory Steven Dennis.  He is growing in leaps and bounds already and we love him so much.  Jamison has had his ups and downs with having a baby brother but he is a kind and loving big brother for the most part.  It's fun to watch a relationship develop between the two boys.





Tyler started school in November.  He found the perfect program for him through an online college called Western Governor's University.  It's affordable and he can go his pace, which is so perfect!  He's learning a lot already and talking about pursuing a Master's Degree after he finishes his Bachelors.

This is such a brief summary of the events in our lives this year.  I have learned so much about family, love, service, attitude, parenting, perseverance, and faith this year.  I look forward to what next year will bring.


No comments: