Friday, October 4, 2013

Having two kids and Grandma to take care of doesn't leave me with much personal time.  And let's be honest, when I do get personal time...my first thought isn't, "oh, I should blog!"  But tonight I realized I was long over-due for an update because my children grow so fast and you miss out on a lot in just a month and a bit.

Jamison:  I love this boy to death.  He is so funny, so creative, so...stubborn.  The terrible twos were a little sporadic and for a while I thought they weren't that terrible but they have hit HARD since having to share his mom with a little brother.  Oh he's a darling brother though.  He will go to Gregory when he cries and say, "What's wrong Gregory?  It's okay."  He loves to hug him and will tell me about twenty times a day that he likes him.  On the flip side...he sometimes smashes him, drives cars on his face, hits him....you know, beats on him older brother style. 




Jamison is always so full of words (except when he's mad, then he just screams).  I love to just sit and listen to him, sometimes.  He's always chatting.  When I shower I turn on Curious George to keep him occupied and he'll still come into the bathroom because he has to tell me what's happening on the show.



He's always been a picky eater but he's finally starting to branch out and try new foods.  Since moving in with Grandma, Jamison has begun eating some foods that I never expected him to like.  He especially loves oatmeal, toast, and (this is the craziest one to me) Grapefruit!



We are working on potty-training right now.  He's shown signs of readiness for a while now, but after half-heartedly attempting two months ago with no success, I wasn't anxious to try again.  Then Sam's Club ran out of his diapers and didn't know when they'd get more in.  I didn't want to try a new brand so...potty training it was!  The first day my mom sat with him for an hour and a half before he finally went on the toilet.  He did fantastic for two days and then completely regressed.  Today he absolutely refused to use the toilet.  He kept telling me he wanted a diaper.  At one point he even said to me, "I'm going to pee on the carpet" and proceeded to do just that.  He's killing me!  But we can only go uphill from here, right?!

Gregory:  My sweet baby about killed me his first week home.  He was a terrible sleeper.  The first night he was up every 20 minutes.  But it got a little better every night and now at almost two months old...he sleeps about 4 hours at a time most nights.  Such a blessing!



Gregory has been growing like crazy.  He's almost outgrown his 3 month sleepers because he's so long! At his 2 week check up he was in the 75th percentile for height and weight.  Two weeks after that I measured him and if I did it right...he had jumped up to the 95th percentile!  I should probably measure him again...



Unlike Jamison, Gregory isn't much of a talker.  He's only recently discovered his voice and he doesn't use it much beyond grunting when he's hungry and of course crying!  I love when he does talk though, I'm so in love with baby talk!  And I love when he graces me with a smile (also not a super common thing...though it's getting more and more common). 



So that's my boys.  They are constantly growing, and keeping me oh so busy!

Oh, and Tyler!  He's loving his job and now he's actually working on starting school next month.  Just last week he took some sort of computer certification and passed (woot woot!).  It was the last thing he needed before he could apply for school.  So now his life will get even busier than it has been and we'll probably only see each other when we crawl into bed at night.  Just thinking about it makes me shudder.  I can't WAIT to be past the student stage of life.  I'm so proud of him, though, for not giving up and for going back to school even with all his other responsibilities. 

Love my family!

1 comment:

Emerson and Cassandra said...

It's great to see an update of your sweet little family; thanks for sharing!