Thursday, August 15, 2013

You've probably already heard but...at 7:27 p.m. on August 10th, Gregory Steven Dennis joined our family. He was 8 pounds 2 ounces and 19 inches long. It was an incredibly long and difficult labor but I successfully did a VBAC. It was scary towards the end because I got a fever and Gregory was in distress. They had to give me an episiotomy and use forceps. The doctor kept warning me that Gregory would likely have to go to the NICU. He swallowed some meconium which gave both of us a fever. Luckily, after some skin to skin time, Gregory's breathing was normal and his heart rate had slowed to normal. So no NICU although we had a longer hospital stay while we both took antibiotics. 

Jamison has adjusted really well to his baby brother. He loves to help and he will always hug Gregory if he is crying. He tries to share his toys and gets frustrated when Gregory won't take what he offers. I'm trying to help Jamison understand that Gregory can't do much on his own yet. My heart melts though, because Jamison is such a sweet big brother. And I am a super blessed mother. 

Sorry all the pictures are at the end without captions, I'm using the blogger app instead of my computer so I don't know the tricks! The pictures are fairly self explanatory though. 


4 comments:

Jayme said...

So glad you got the VBAC you wanted, and, of course, your baby boy! When you're feeling up to it, we should have a play date lunch so I can meet your boys and we can catch up! :)

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you, I know you really wanted to do VBAC. I'm so glad everything ended up working out so well too. What a blessing! Congrats family!

Laura said...

So sweet, Tenkia! Keep the pictures coming! Glad you and baby were both okay after delivery too. Congratulations again!

Viva said...

Adorable pictures! I'm glad you were both okay after the delivery! Congratulations again!