Saturday, July 27, 2013

Jamison blows my mind.  This boy is constantly doing funny things and surprising me with his growing skills.  He changes every day.  Sometimes it feels like he changes every time I turn around!  He is speaking up a storm these days.  The child almost never stops talking and we're not just getting two word sentences anymore, he is talking in full-blown sentences.  He works hard to say words right and have good diction, so his sentences (and words) are choppy, but so cute!



He is still dressing himself, and he asks to help with everything.  Sometimes I have to be pretty creative to let him be helpful.  For example?  He wants to help me when I check Grandma's blood sugar and do her insulin.  So we take turns.  After I check the blood sugar, I let Jamison take the monitor and go through the motions of checking it.  With the insulin?  Well, I let him hand me the cap for the needle.  With housework, everything takes twice as long and is twice as messy but my child just wants to help and I'm not going to discourage that!  It's getting to the point now that he even tries to help Grandma push her walker.  I have to keep a close eye so that helping doesn't become a danger.  I just love how sweet my child is though, and how much he wants to help.  It's darling.

 (He grabbed a baby wipe and began cleaning his slide...he also cleaned the wall, the floor, and his toes)



We've been busy the last few weeks with holidays.  My mom and sister both had birthdays and then we had Pioneer Day.  For my sister's birthday there is always a theme and this year it was The Hunger Games.  There weren't a lot of options for someone Jamison's age and I didn't want to spend a lot on a costume for him so....we made him Haymitch.  (If you don't know about the Hunger Games, Haymitch is a drunk....)  He helped with his own costume, of course. 

 Haymitch with Katniss and Peeta

 Citizens of the Capitol (My sister is Effie Trinket...the rest of us have no specific identities)

And for Pioneer Day, Jamison loved the parade.  Well....at first he was a little nervous but by the end he was loving it.  And for days afterwards it's all he's talked about.  That and the "firetruck works" (also known as fireworks). 




Jamison with his baby cousin.  I think he's warming up to the idea of a baby brother because he will bring up "the baby" sometimes and talk about his toys.  When we pulled out the baby's car seat, Jamison kept talking about how it was for the baby and he seemed a little excited.  We'll see if the excitement lasts after his little brother is actually here!

Yesterday Jamison and I went to a pool party with my parents and had a blast.  Even though Jamison was up way past his bed time, it was so worth it.  He loves water and he was so happy to splash and play.  He also said so many funny things that night!  When my dad tried to teach Jamison how to blow bubbles in the water, Jamison ended up trying to drink the water.  So we explained to him that we don't drink the water we swim in, and I told him "ew, that's gross."  Jamison asked his grandpa to blow more bubbles (by saying, "Umpa, drink?  Bubbles?") and then when Grandpa obliged, Jamison said, "Ewww, Umpa!"  He did this over and over again.  He also liked it when my dad would swim under the water and pop up right in front of him and he'd ask him to do that by saying, "behind the water?"  Then, when it was time to go...well, of course Jamison didn't want to.  So I told him that it was dark and they needed to turn the water off so that everyone could go home and go to bed.  This, Jamison decided, was a legitimate reason to leave.  So he said goodbye to Nana and Grandpa and without me needing to prompt him said, "thanks for playing in water!"  Proudest Mom moment!  Oh, and then as we left he continued waving and saying "Bye Nemo!"  Which is weird because he's never seen the movie Finding Nemo so I'm not sure where that came from. 



I just love my boy so much, and he's doing so much lately.  Sorry this post is kind of braggy....but it's going to continue to be because I'm also so proud of my husband who in the past month has gotten not one but TWO promotions at work!!!  I couldn't be happier for Tyler.  He now has the job he was hoping he'd get if he stuck with the school district for five-ish years.  But because the person who had the job got a better offer elsewhere, they have given the job to Tyler.  And I know he will blow them away, because he's a fast learner and a hard worker.  I can't give you his exact job title, and I'm not even 100% sure what all his responsibilities are but he's still doing computer tech support stuff.  He's on call now so that if the network goes down, he has to go to the schools to fix it.  The other day he was at work for 12 hours, came home for 4, and had to go back in because the wireless was down.  So it's a higher stress job with more responsibility but...he loves it. 

I am now 37 weeks along in my pregnancy and I think Gregory is ready to come.  He dropped about two weeks ago and then this week, he dropped further (which I didn't even know was possible!)  So he's sitting pretty low now.  Unfortunately, my body isn't cooperating and I'm not dilated at all.  My doctor informed me that I have a strong cervix and it will take a lot of contractions before I'm ready to deliver.  So I'm in this weird situation where I want to give myself lots of contractions because if I don't go into labor by 40 weeks...my doctor isn't willing to induce me and I will have to have another c-section.  I'm doing what I can to prepare for either option and I'm praying to Heavenly Father that things will work out as is best for myself and my baby...and that whatever way that happens, I can have peace.  Because right now?  I really, really want a VBAC and it literally makes me cry when I think that it might not happen.  So I need the Lord to help me be calm and okay with however my baby can get here healthy and safe. 




3 comments:

Jess and Richard said...

It is so funny the things that kids say and do. It sounds like Jamison is getting quite the personality, so fun! Good luck on baby #2!

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Oh my word, he's the cutest little boy! I'm so excited to hear how he interacts with his little brother. My neice is 20 months and is getting a little bro in the next few weeks. Whenever she gets her own diaper changed she runs and grabs a stuffed animal and an extra diaper and helps her parents diaper the animal. haha. Kids are the best! I'm so happy to hear how well things are going for you guys! Yay! Good luck dilating!!!!

Jayme said...

Jamison is getting so big! I need to meet that cutie! And woooow! Gregory has dropped looooow! :) And I can tell you what I did to bring on labor ;) Okay, it was over-exert myself hahah. But so I'm a week late commenting on this post, so are you any closer? Update please!