I have had an awesome few days, and I just wanted to share. Mostly so that I have a record of it for later...because let's be honest, I haven't written in my journal since Christmas (blush).
Thursday, Independence Day, we spent the afternoon with family. My aunt's family owns a private bit of space on the mountain that they used to ranch. So we still call it "the ranch" but now it's just a playground, pavilion, and small pond, along with some old farm equipment and hiking trails. Jamison was in heaven playing in the water. We spent an hour and a half swimming and splashing (well, no swimming for Jamison...he just splashed...) and I don't have a single picture because we were all too busy playing and my camera is not water-proof. When Jamison started shivering, we tried to tell him it was time to get out but he kept telling us no. I finally had to bribe him with a cookie. He ended up eating two. Oh well! After all that swimming, little man was exhausted. He fell asleep about a minute into the ride home. And he looked so cute. :)
That night, Jamison had a sleep-over with my parents. Tyler and I enjoyed the night to ourselves and then the next morning we headed to Logan for a mini-vacation. It was our early anniversary trip because Tyler has a work training over our anniversary and I will be so hugely pregnant that I don't expect to be much fun to be around.
So Tyler and I spent the day in Logan. We went to the Tabernacle, walked along Main Street, went to a Pepperidge Farm outlet, and to Gossner's Dairy (where they were all out of Mango Milk which was seriously the only reason I went!) and then went to our hotel for a nap. The rest of the night we went to dinner, watched a crazy storm come and go, saw the sun set, watched an interesting documentary (Craigslist Joe), and just enjoyed each others' company. Oh, and played with Legos we bought at Wal Mart. ha ha.
Saturday morning we went to a HUGE car show. They boast that it's the biggest/most popular in the Western United States. I can't say that for certain but it was definitely large, and really neat. I'm glad we were about to go. We had no idea it was going on while we'd be in Logan but we kept seeing neat old cars driving down the road while we wandered Main Street on Friday, so we got on Google and found the car show. I'm so glad we did! We walked around for an hour and a half and I'm sure we still missed a lot of cars but let's be honest...34 weeks pregnant and walking in the heat? I could only hang on for so long!
The neat thing was coming home and showing the pictures to my grandma.
She told me that she remembered when these cars were on the road!
When we came back Saturday evening to pick up Jamison I had envisioned this sweet reunion where he was super happy to see us and hugged me and maybe wanted to sit in my (non-existent) lap for the rest of the night. Instead he refused to even look at me. I was in deep trouble for leaving him! It wasn't until I gave him milk over an hour later that he'd finally even talk to me (though he was playing with his dad much sooner than that...don't know why I was the main one in trouble!). And it took even longer before Jamison was willing to let me give him a hug and a kiss. When we brought him home, Jamison was excited to unpack his bag and hop into bed. Oh how I love that boy! I'm glad he forgave me but I do worry now about how he'll respond when I leave him for a few days and then come back with a baby....Wish me luck!
2 comments:
First of all, I'm impressed by how upbeat and active you are this far along in your pregnancy (I remember just turning into a grouchy hermit at that point, so kudos...).
Second of all, Jamison is a hoot! Nobody can do the cold shoulder/stink-eye like a toddler :)
Man that made me nostalgic! Looks like you had a wonderful time up in Logan! I'm glad you had a great experience :D
Post a Comment