My life feels never-ending crazy right now, which is why I haven't blogged all month. We moved, I've been adjusting to my new role as care-giver to my grandmother, I had family in from New Zealand, and then my parents just left for a visit to New Zealand, we already have a calling in our ward...there is just always something going on.
It's okay though, we are doing well. Jamison has adjusted amazingly well to moving, even though it meant leaving behind his best friend. He loves visiting "da" several times a day while I help her with meals, insulin, etc. and he loves the space he has inside and outside of the house.
We enjoyed our visit with my cousin before she entered the MTC and the additional days we had with my poppa before he flew back to New Zealand (with Mom and Dad in tow).
And we are getting into our new calling as primary teachers to the 5 year olds in our ward. It's such a fun age because they interpret things so differently than I do. They are willing to listen, want to learn, but always have so much to say! It can be fun and frustrating at the same time. The extra practice in patience will be good for when I have two children. :)
JAMISON UPDATE:
My baby boy isn't much of a baby anymore. He is growing up so fast! Right now he's on the verge of toilet training. I didn't want to believe it, but my mom and mother-in-law have both told me to stop putting it off and get the kid trained. He lets me know every time his diaper is soiled. So I guess we'll be starting that process soon.
His imagination is really starting to develop and he comes up with the funniest things! He turns everything into a slide still, which is so funny to watch. He also is obsessed with baths and is always talking about bathing bugs, cats...anything really. We went to a dairy farm while my poppa was here and Jamison saw a newborn (like literally less than an hour old) calf and was really worried about the fact that it was "a mess" and started looking for water to give it a bath. On that same note...he wants to wash his hands like twenty times a day.
Jamison is definitely asserting his independence. He chooses what he wears every day and there are large tantrums if I try to encourage him to wear something he doesn't want to wear. So I'm learning to let it slide...I know he's not the only two-year old wearing shorts and Halloween socks or mis-matched outfits. And it makes him happy to choose for himself.
We're not getting full-blown sentences yet but he's stringing words together and I'm always impressed with his vocabulary. Most things are even going by the right name now, minus pumpkins which are still cooks. Everything else at least KIND OF resembles the real word. By far my favorite word to hear, though, is his name. I love when Jamison says his own name. He'll say it to claim things (and luckily he doesn't believe everything is his...mostly he just claims things that already belong to him like his milk or his toys), or when he sees my phone or computer because he knows they contain pictures and videos of him. He is obsessed with watching videos of himself.
The last few weeks have been all about trucks for Jamison. They were doing some work on the water pipes in front of our house so there were always lots of "youd twucks" out front for Jamison to watch. Then last week he got to go for a short ride in the truck that his grams and gramps drive. He loved it! He's so obsessed with trucks that it's hard to get him to dress in any shirt other than the few he has with vehicles on them (case and point: look at all the pictures in this post...he's wearing a car/truck/train in all but one of them and they were almost all taken on different days!)
GREGORY UPDATE:
I feel huge and I look it. Say what you want, I've put on more weight this pregnancy and not just in my belly. I have to keep reminding myself that it's okay and I can't diet yet but once the baby comes I'll be able to drop the weight.
Everything is right on track though. I've got a healthy baby boy and I'm so grateful. I should even be able to do a VBAC because at this point he's in the right position and there have been no complications to prevent it. YAY! I think I felt a contraction the other day and I know it sounds weird but I was so excited. I never experienced a single contraction with Jamison so this is all new and now I don't feel so left out when people talk about child-birth. I always hated that feeling...I had a child but I didn't really HAVE a child the way the other moms did. I couldn't talk about labor or contractions or epidurals...Anyway...I'm weird but I'm excited to experience what childbirth is all about. Bring it on!
3 comments:
Your boys are adorable :D!
Love the pictures! Sounds like it's been a fun but busy time for you guys :) I'm glad to hear everything in on track
I love to read about the funny things Jamison says and does. What a little cutie! That's exciting about the VBAC :)
Post a Comment