Monday, May 6, 2013

Guess who is now a great, big two year old?!  I can't believe so much time has passed already.  Jamison went from this:

to this:

Blows my mind.

I think my little man enjoyed all his birthday festivities.  The weekend before his birthday we had a family party for him.  His Grams and Gramps are truckers but they had the weekend off so it was the perfect time to have a party that could include them.

We chose some of Jamison's favorite foods for dinner that night (hot dogs, chips, pasta salad, strawberries and apples) and ate outside.  Jamison was so distracted by everything that he didn't eat much though!  Then we had cake and ice cream (he chose the ice cream flavors, by the way: Oreo and Strawberry).  After that we went inside, since it was getting dark, and he opened all his gifts.  He was so spoiled, and so happy!  I wish I had recorded his reactions to everything because his excitement was just adorable.  Love that kid so much!



On his actual birthday, he had a play date and lunch with his best friend, Brek.  Lunch consisted of more of his favorite foods (Mac and Cheese and left over hot dogs). And then when Tyler got off work we let Jamison open his present from us (an adorable little camp chair!) and the presents from family who couldn't come to the party.  We also took him to dinner at Cracker Barrel where he was happy to eat chicken strips and fries.  He gulped down tons of lemonade and then when they brought his free dessert (chocolate cake and ice cream) he wasn't even interested!  So Tyler and I enjoyed it instead.  ;)



The rest of the week and weekend have been dedicated to cleaning, packing, moving, and unpacking.  It is crazy!  Anyone who believes a close move is an easier move is confused.  It's a huge pain because instead of being on the ball and having everything packed in boxes and organized, and getting the move over in one day....it's dragged on for weeks!  We've been taking small loads of stuff to Grandma's all week and then just tossing stuff in boxes without labels.  Though that may be more because my pregnancy has been just difficult enough that I can't do much and Tyler has been left pretty much on his own when it comes to the packing.  Luckily I have the BEST family in the world and they have been incredibly helpful.  We are now mostly moved in Grandma's basement.  We still need to clean our place in Provo and of course we have weeks of unpacking and settling to do.  But I feel like we might finally be on the tail end of this move.  Phew!

Now hopefully we'll have time to relax and enjoy the lovely weather we have right now.  Not to mention Mother's Day coming up AND I have my Poppa (My mom's dad) and my cousin coming from New Zealand for a visit!!! YAY!

4 comments:

ShelbySpear said...

He is getting so big! He is such a cutie, I want to pinch his cheeks.

Emerson and Cassandra said...

What a cute little grown-up boy :)

Viva said...

Happy Birthday Jamison! Looks like you had a fun party :D I'm glad the move is almost done too!

Viva said...

Happy Birthday Jamison! Looks like you had a fun party :D I'm glad the move is almost done too!