The worst hair decision I ever made was to cut my hair this short:
I hate it. People give me compliments and that should make me feel good but instead I just kind of get frustrated because I hate it so much...how can they like it?! And how come everyone compliments this style when I had so many other styles I liked more? Examples:
I want to grow it out. Which takes forever. And while I wait...I decided to dye it. I kind of wanted to do something crazy and wild. I never got the opportunity to when I was younger (my dad would have disowned me, then I went to a church school, then I got married and felt like I had to "grow up") so why not take it now? Tyler kept encouraging me to do whatever crazy color/style I wanted. I feel, though, that as a 25-year-old mother living in a conservative Mormon community, if I did anything too wild and crazy I'd feel miserable because I'd be judged like crazy (yes, I do spend way too much time worrying about what other people think). So I decided on a black that would look purple in the sunlight. Still decently conservative but fun as well.
We went to Target, I got the color. It's a permanent, which I wasn't sure about. Honestly, I am in love with my natural hair color and I was scared that once I dye my hair...it will never be beautiful and natural again. But the color I wanted wasn't a semi-permanent. Tyler convinced me that it wouldn't be that hard to get my natural color back if I hate this. So I did it. Tyler helped. And when I was done:
Not really that black. It's more of a purple/red. And apparently not that different from my original color because only about 3 people have noticed the change. Still, it's kind of fun and crazy. I mean, it does look light purple in some settings! (not that you can tell that in any picture I've tried to take of it...)
Still. I can't wait to have longer hair. I feel like even this fun new color would look better if my hair was longer. I know, I know, the grass is always greener....



4 comments:
I can see that it's purpley :) It looks cute on you! No worries about the natural hair color though it will come back :)
You look cute! I think I like the
"kissy face" hair cut picture best. Anyway, Natural will come back and the dye will fade . . . you just might go through a zebra phase like I did, which was also partially cuz I didn't do that great of a job dying mine . . . haha. But I totally feel you on the growing hair out thing. Mine is long, finally, and I'm keeping it long and pony tail length forever!!
The other Sunday, my mom, Erin, and I were talking about how much we loved your new hair color. You were busy talking to someone, so maybe you didn't hear us. Your hair color is the color I always try to get mine to go, but for some reason, my hair won't absorb that color of dye. And if it does, it is very short lived because it fades fast. I'm totally jealous!
Okay, you won't believe this, but I did notice the other day when you came to see me at work and were standing in the sunlight. I asked your mother about it when I got home and she confirmed.
Post a Comment