Saturday, September 8, 2012

I often look at my blog and realize I haven't posted much since we moved to Provo.  I think, "I should probably post something."  And then wonder what on earth I would post about.  My public blog covers most of what's happening with Jamison (that's most of my life, anyway).  So I've tossed around to figure out what I can write and I think it's just time to throw out some random updates.  Ready?

Tyler is still working for the Provo School District doing computer tech support.  He was hired part time but they love him and have worked him full time.  He's also applied for another position that would work him at one specific school.  It would come with a small pay raise.  We are still waiting to hear on that.  He's loving his job, though, and it's making him more confident in his schooling choices too.  He's getting more experience and learning what he likes and doesn't like.

I don't have a calling in the ward, or even a visiting teaching assignment.  That has been hugely frustrating to me.  I want to get involved in the ward!  Tyler got a calling this last week (3rd Sunday teacher in Elder's Quorum) and has a Home Teaching assignment.  I'm crossing my fingers that this means I will soon get a calling too.

Tyler's sister, Meagan, who is living in Tennessee came to visit a few weeks ago.  She and her son, Conner, who is Jamison's age.  I was not sure how Jamison would react to Conner.  He can be so weird around other kids...clingy, and scared.  He and Conner got along great, though.  They both love playing with balls.  Jamison loves throwing them and Conner was a good sport and chased them.  It worked out great.  It was nice to have Meagan visit and nice to see the boys together.  Hopefully we'll get to visit again before too long.



We traded our truck in for a more practical vehicle (though when I tell you what it is, maybe you won't find it practical?).  The gas price was astronomical and we didn't really need such a big vehicle anymore.  Not to mention it's getting old enough that we worried about what things would start falling apart before long.  Now we have a Jeep Grand Cherokee.  Tyler loves it.  And my brother is basically green with envy. 



Other than that...we've just been trying to act more like a real family.  Who knew it would be such an adjustment to actually have Tyler around on a regular basis?   Over Labor Day we went to Park City for their amazing book sale ($5 to stuff as bag as full of books as you possibly can), and we've spent time with family.  While Meagan was here we all went to a Scottish Festival in Jackson Hole.  I think we are so used to traveling that Tyler and I can't help but plan family activities that require lots of traveling.  My goal this fall/winter is to find fun things to do within 30 minutes of where we live.  There has to be lots (like this fun park up the canyon where we had a picnic lunch)!




2 comments:

Jess and Richard said...

You should let your relief society president know you want to be a visiting teacher, I have had to do that before to get them on the ball.

Viva said...

Sounds like a lot of great things are going on! Hopefully you will get your calling soon! :)