Sunday, September 30, 2012

I'm terrified...but I'm trying something new.  I've had some friends and family tell me that they want to read my blog, but can't because it is private.  Blogger is kind of weird about how private blogging works: you have to have your own blogger account to read even a blog you've been invited to read.  So my friends and family could only read my blog if they had their own account.  Some people (and I don't blame them) can't be bothered with that, so they miss out.  To try and keep those people in the loop when Jamison was born, I started a public blog where I didn't use names.  I thought it worked, but I'm still getting some feedback saying that people want more.  I know it's not personal...but that was kind of the point.  I didn't want my family and my personal feelings exposed to the whole world!  I also didn't want my family not to feel included in my life, though.  So I have decided to try making this blog public.  I'm not telling everyone, just the people who expressed an interest along with other family members and friends who I feel would care.  I still don't want every person who has added me on Facebook or passed me on the street to have access, but it's hard to monitor.  I hope by not announcing it to everyone, I can keep my family safe. 

Here's the deal.  This is a trial run.  We're just going to see how things go.  If it seems safe, if people seem interested, and if I can get over the panic I'm feeling about being so public...then I will keep this open.  If not, I will make it private again and unfortunately you'll only be able to read this blog if you give me your email address, get added to the list, and make your own Blogger account.  By the way, the only way I can possibly know if people are reading and interested in this blog is if they comment.  So hint, hint, please let me know you dropped by with a short comment below the post you read.  Because if only the same 5 people who were reading my blog before are commenting, I'm going to assume no one else cares and I can go back to being private and personal.  ;)

Let the trial period begin!

6 comments:

K. Brook said...

Thanks for letting me know about this blog! I'll try to stop by often! :) Btw - I can't believe how big your little guy is getting!

misty said...

I love ur,blogs and hearing how u are doing

misty said...

I love ur,blogs and hearing how u are doing

Viva said...

I read them! :)

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

i love both your blogs and read them quite often well your piggly wiggly one. i didnt know about this one till barley but i love them both

~Jess cope