Last weekend Tyler and I spent hours raking all the dead leaves and grass off the yard. It looks so much better. I should have taken before and after pictures.
(Jamison is such a big helper ;) )
Oh, we also found out that we have a second apricot tree in the front yard and a grape vine by the garage. And...we don't have blueberries. We have Oregon something or other berries which look similar to blueberries. Anyway...there's still lots to be done before I'm ready to debut any part of our house. We're getting there though. And we've hired my little brother to help us whip the yard into shape. So hopefully by next weekend I'll have something to show off.
Last Friday was Tyler's birthday. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to do yard work. So we worked in the yard while Jamison slept and even when he woke up. You see...there's this swing that Jamison has fallen in love with...
After sweating in the yard all afternoon, we went to my sister's play in Springville (don't worry, we took showers and changed clothes first!). She played Amy in Little Women and did an amazing job. Everyone did an amazing job. I laughed and cried throughout the entire play. I'm so glad we got to go!
Then Saturday we had a BBQ for Tyler's special birthday dinner. It was delicious. Tyler always does an amazing job. And it is so nice to have a backyard where we can do things like this!
Church on Sunday was a new experience. We've gone from a ward that is all young married couples/families to a ward that is probably 50% above the age of 60. I'm not even exaggerating. I think it will be a nice ward though. Just a bit of an adjustment. I made a comment about it on Facebook and apparently people thought I was complaining.
Side note: How are so many of my statuses considered so offensive? Do people really not know me well? I do not use Facebook to start fights, insult people, or generally be rude. So why does everyone take the things I say as an attack?! They are meant to be informative and/or funny. Anyway...sorry for that tangent, it's just been really frustrating to be misunderstood so much....
Then we had Independence Day on Wednesday. The Cope family had their reunion, so we went to that. I have always enjoyed going to what we refer to as "the ranch" which is owned by my aunt's family. It was Jamison's first time going "swimming." He's stood in the ocean before and he takes baths, but I have yet to take him to play in a body of water. So this was a fun new experience for him and once he warmed up to the temperature of the water...
he loved it! He was a little upset when I took him out but the child was shivering.
Now it's back to trying to keep the house (and yard) in order. I'm very grateful that we had rain yesterday. There have been a lot of fires in Utah, so the rain was a definite blessing. And on a more personal level, some of the sprinklers in our yard haven't been working properly, so our grass and trees were also very grateful for the moisture!
3 comments:
Great post!! Moving is definitely a pain, but I am glad you guys are getting settled in. People find posts offensive because they want to, just ignore them. You don't like to start facebook arguments, but unfortunately other people do, it's a bit cowardly if you ask me. People say things on facebook that they would never say in person...they are lame.
Looks like you are having a great time! Love that you have so many fruit trees nearby! :) Also, I don't find anything offensive about your posts at all. I think what you write is perfectly fine :)
Jamison is hilariously adorable! LOVE him!
Post a Comment