Wednesday, June 27, 2012

We made it!  We are now moved in to our new place in Utah.  Well...all our things are here, but I guess I won't feel REALLY moved in until there are no more boxes stacked around the house and we have living room furniture.  All ours was falling apart so stayed in Idaho.  Sigh.

Compared to our other trips, this one was a breeze.  No trucks broke down, we were able to get a moving trailer without a hitch....but we still had some adventures.  Like the manager of our apartment in Idaho forgetting that we were moving out.  We had to get him out of a meeting to come check us out.  And the trailer didn't have breaks so if Tyler went above about 63 mph, the trailer swung around like crazy and I thought he was going to die.  And then Jamison got mad and screamed on and off for the last two hours.  It could have been SO much worse though.  And the nice thing is that when we got here?  My whole family (minus my sister who had a play performance...Little Women...you should check it out in Springville....) came to help us unload the trailer.  And they brought dinner.  And as a reward we let them play with Jamison. ;) And Tyler played his guitar for them.  Which was fun not only to hear him play, but to watch Jamison dance!



Since getting here, I have had some fun/crazy adventures.  And we're only on full-day number two.  Are you ready?  Don't worry, I have a few pictures too. 

~The two teenage boys of our landlord were the previous tenants.  They didn't clean before moving out.  Like...didn't even vacuum the floor or clean the nasty ring out of the toilet (no pictures of this...but you're probably grateful for that!).  And they left a bunch of stuff.  Yay teenage boys. :s

~Yesterday Jamison took a three hour nap...I think the move has been even more exhausting for him than for me!  Tyler and I sat out on the back porch (and my sister joined us when she got off work) and just enjoyed the fact that we have our own backyard.  We also discovered that we have 7 different fruit trees around the house...well, we assume seven.  There is one we haven't actually identified yet but it looks like a fruit.  Here's the list:  Peach, Apricot, Cherry, Apple, Plum (two of those), Blueberry (alright, those aren't actually trees...they are bushes...), and our mystery fruit.  We also have two walnut trees.  And lots of "privacy trees" around the perimeter.  Leisl now refers to our backyard as the secret Narnian fruit salad garden.  It's the best description I can come up with.  Especially because it hasn't been taken care of.  We have a lot of work ahead of us but I'm also a little excited by it all.  Check it out!



 (The entrance to our basement apartment)



 (P.S. We have a view of a new temple now...Provo!  Yay!)

~This morning Tyler starts his new job.  Which he got when we rushed down last week for a job interview.  So glad it was worth the trip!  He's working for the Provo School District doing computer-y stuff...if you're wondering.  But that actually wasn't my point.  My point was that when he tried to take a shower...the nob broke off.  He can fix it but not until after a trip to the hardware store that isn't even open that early.  So no showers for us today.  At least not until AFTER work. 

Once I get more put together (and we have furniture) I will try to take pictures of the apartment for everyone to see.  We've got a lot more space than we've had in a while and Jamison absolutely loves it.  :)

4 comments:

Jayme said...

Glad you made it to Utah in one piece!

Cassott Kinghorn said...

That is totally a Narnia fruit salad garden if I ever saw one :D Yay for new adventures!

Viva said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys were able to move and get there safely! Your pictures are so pretty! I'm glad the apartment is so nice! :D

Emily Bennett said...

I'm glad you found a place you like :) How cool to have so many trees. I'd LOVE that. When Jeff and I finally move I'm not going to look for a new house, I'm going to look for one with lots of trees :)