We have found a couple interested in taking the last month of our contract in Rexburg, so we are now moving to Utah at the end of June. We have to talk to the housing office on campus about getting an official move-out date (and of course the only person who can schedule that is out of the office until next week...) but we are hoping for June 23rd.
Tyler is anxious to get home. He's been in Germany for 2 months now and although he loves his work, loves the atmosphere of Germany, and loves the money he makes...he misses his family. And we miss him too. Some of the guys he works with aren't so anxious to go home and are working as slow as humanly possible. It's super frustrating. He can't be there any later than June 18th though, that's the date they've been given. I'm hoping it will be sooner. I'm falling apart here and could use his level-headed attitude to help get me through this move!
The next big item on our checklist (after packing and actually moving, of course) is getting Tyler a job in Utah. He can't exactly be working in Germany and all over the U.S. if he's trying to establish residency in Utah. In fact, we aren't allowed to leave the state for longer than 30 days or we will have to start the residency process all over again. So if anyone knows of a good job, let us know!
Unlike the other kids we know that are Jamison's age, Jamison is not yet super interested in walking. Only using his little toy walker gets him to cross a room using his feet. But honestly, we have such a small house and he bumps into everything and then stand there upset, so I don't get it out for him much. I'm hoping once we live in our new, bigger, place I will be able to give Jamison more time with the walker. I'm okay if he doesn't feel like walking yet, but I don't want him to not get the opportunity if he wants it. Here's a video of one of his enthusiastic promenades. :)
(I know, he walks funny. I love watching it...he keeps his legs so far apart and he never bends his knees!!!)
3 comments:
Aww! The walking video is so cute!! :) Good luck with the job search it can be a real pain!!
I'm super impressed that he tried to turn it around though!
I can't believe this will be the 2nd time you've moved in Jamison's short life! Not just any move but out of state! You are brave. Please feel free to let us know if you need help when you arrive in Utah.
Post a Comment