Sometimes I wonder if it's annoying to people when I give lots of updates about the things happening in life, or if they prefer that to a once every two weeks summary? I guess it's my blog so it's up to me. And today I feel like updating anyone who's interested about what has been happening with the Dennis clan. (Interspersed with cute pictures of my son).
Jamison and I came to Utah to begin the search for an apartment. I toured a few places, googled a bunch online, and in the end...we got offered the basement apartment of a family friend. The top is being rented to the family's oldest son, along with his wife and baby. At first I was hesitant about sharing a house with someone else but we have our own entrance, our own...well, everything except a laundry room. We share that. And for a basement apartment it has a lot of natural lighting and is very spacious. The price is good, the family upstairs is nice and their son is only a few months younger than Jamison (play mates!!!)
We've also been working hard to make sure everything will work out with BYU-Idaho. Tyler had to apply to graduate with his associates but before he could do that he had to get a "custom cluster" approved so that we could use the classes he's already taken towards graduating. Then, because Tyler has such an awful internet connection, we had to see if he could withdraw from his online religion class without messing with his graduation date, our on-campus housing contract, and our student insurance. It was a headache. And for a while the answers were making us both VERY unhappy. But when you are doing the right thing and finally talk to the people with authority....it all works out. THANK GOODNESS!!!
Now that we have several things off our check list, we are set to enjoy the rest of our little mini-vacation with family.
4 comments:
hooray! so glad you found a place. ps- love the updates. it's like catching up.
I like reading your updates! :) And...random fact of the day...we have the same carseat. don't you love it???
I'm SO glad things are coming together. It's amazing how we all have such different experiences. Good luck friend!
So glad you got housing and byui figured out!
Post a Comment