Thursday, May 3, 2012

My baby is one!  I still can't get over it.  I was emotional all day yesterday.  Whenever I remembered he was turning one, I teared up.  When he opened his presents?  My eyes were moist.  Even when he made a mess with his birthday cake I was fighting back tears.  So while my little boy is growing up, I'm turning into a baby! 



We had plans to go to the zoo but unfortunately the weather wasn't good enough.  25 mile per hour winds blew through the area all day.  So we camped out in the house and played.





Tyler was able to Skype us in the late morning for the opening of presents.  Well, the presents from us, at least!

Tyler's mom came over for dinner.  We had pizza, one of Jamison's current favorites.  Then we had cake.  Oh, that was fun!  I stressed over making the cake which is silly because I know Jamison didn't care what it looked like.  It just meant a lot to me to make this a nice day.  I can't control that Tyler couldn't be there, that I don't have enough family near by to throw a party, that the weather turned awful...but I could control what his cake looked like!  I was up until midnight the night before working on it, but I was proud with my efforts.  It's not professional by any means, but it works!



Jamison was timid and confused when I first put the cake in front of him.  I stuck his finger in the frosting and then he began gently stroking the cake.  I gave him a taste and then he became a little carnivore!  He sucked the frosting off my fingers and began digging in.  I cut him a piece and then had to take the rest of the cake out of reach because he wanted it all.  He was shoving whole chunks into his mouth as fast as he could.  It was pretty funny to watch.





Before the night ended Jamison opened presents from Grams (Tyler's mom) and Auntie Meagan's family.  He is so spoiled.  And I've been informed that more presents are coming from other family members.  Spoiled, spoiled baby!  He had a good day though and has a lot of fun toys to play with, which will hopefully mean he stays entertained while we are stuck indoors with more bad weather this weekend.  :)





Happy Birthday, my darling son!


2 comments:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Happy birthday little one! :D

Viva said...

Happy Birthday Jamison!