Sunday, April 22, 2012

Do you ever find that you probably make too much of things or over-analyze the way people act or the things they say?  I do that a lot.  It's been a problem my whole life.  In fact, for a lot of years I had myself convinced that all of my extended family didn't care for me.  Every time they talked to me I told myself it was because we were family and they felt obligated.  Family gatherings were miserable.  It was a sad way to live my life.  Especially now that I realize how much I missed out on by having that belief. 

I continue to fight those thoughts with everyone I meet.  Whenever I'm around people I'm telling myself they don't like me.  When they don't invite me to their dinner party, I tell myself it's because they don't care about me.  When I read on a blog that someone had a fun time with their best friends, I get all sad that I don't have friends like that.  And then I have to remind myself that I DO have good friends...they just live no-where near me.  That's sad on a whole different level.

Let me get to my point though.  I'm trying not to let myself spend this summer sitting around feeling sorry for myself.  It's lame and it doesn't help anyone.  That might have been okay if it only affected me but I have a son now and he needs me to be at my best.  So I need to know...what can I do to push through the idea that no one likes me?  How can I push past the thoughts in my head that tell me I shouldn't try to make friends in my ward because they all think I'm dumb and weird and they don't want to be friends with me?

This summer has a lot of potential and I want to make the most of it!

P.S. My brother is now a married man!  It's pretty exciting.  Enjoy these awesome pictures from his wedding day.













3 comments:

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Yay for weddings! :D The thought I had about your questions is service :) When I'm serving others my heart is too full to think about myself. I hope that helps :D

Jess and Richard said...

I cannot get over how stinkin cute Jamison's wedding outfit is!!!

It is definitely hard to put yourself out there and not worry about what other people think. But I have started making myself just do it the last few years and it makes a huge difference if you just initiate the contact. Find people with kids around Jamison's age and invite them to go to the park or come over for a picnic or whatever you want to do.

Jayme said...

Oh I feel your pain! Too bad Idaho is so far!