Wow, what a week! So Jamison is now one. He had a fun birthday, I think. The celebration wasn't just on his birthday though, the rest of the weekend was a continued birthday celebration. Thursday we celebrated with his little friend, Amy, whose birthday is three days after Jamison's.
And Friday night my parents came up to visit.
Here's the sad part: Jamison got a fever Thursday night and he has been miserable all weekend. He has a runny nose and cough too. Friday he spent the whole afternoon cuddling with me and sleeping. And today he was only awake on and off for about 4 hours of the day. My poor baby!
Today I had my home teacher and the elder's quorum president come and give Jamison a blessing. Although his fever isn't high enough that I need to take him to the hospital or anything, it does worry me that he's had it for three days. It especially worries me to see him sleeping so much. Though I've been told that it's a pretty good thing that he's able to get so much sleep...it will help him get better faster. Anyway...I'm so grateful that I know I can ask for the Lord's special help in getting my son better. I love in our church that I can call on just about any man to give a blessing when my husband isn't here to do it.
This week I also had an amazing spiritual experience. As I've mentioned before, I've been struggling with my goal to become more Christlike. I find there are a few people that I really struggle to maintain good feelings towards. It seems like everything they do bugs me. A few days ago I saw a Facebook status from one of these people that was a thinly-veiled complaint about their life. It made me annoyed and angry. I began thinking mean things about the person (listing reasons that other people's lives were worse than this individual's and thus they had no reason to complain...), and then I remembered my goal to be Christlike. In that moment, the spirit revealed to me how I can get rid of these un-Christlike feelings. I was prompted to send this person a card, letting them know that I notice them and their struggles and I hope they are able to push through them. As soon as the thought came to me, I began feeling better. And when I followed through, the spiritual high was amazing. Now whenever I get frustrated with someone, I recognize that I need to change that feeling by serving them. Immediately I feel a flood of love and peace in my heart. It's beautiful, and an answer to prayers. I am so grateful that I was in a position to receive that spiritual prompting. So grateful that Heavenly Father answered my prayer. And so grateful that I can continue towards my goal!
Oh, and one final thing! My wonderful husband thought ahead and sent me a gift for Mother's Day. It showed up on Friday and he encouraged me to open it. He got me a black pearl necklace with matching earrings. It is so gorgeous, and I feel so spoiled and loved! Brownie points to my husband for going beyond what I expected (which was just some flowers ordered online!).
e.jpg)

2 comments:
That is something I need to work on as well. It's so easy to get irritated with people. I need to be better and just realize no one is perfect and it's best to assume we are all doing the best that we can
I love it!!! That necklace is gorgeous! :D I hope Jamison will feel better soon!!
Post a Comment