Tyler is now in Germany and enjoying scenery like this:
Okay, so he's also working hard. But when he's not working, what an awesome thing to see out his window!!! I've told him multiple times that I expect pictures of all the things I'm missing out on. So far he's been very obliging.
We spent the weekend in Utah. Friday night was Tyler's mission reunion. It was nice. President and Sister Joyce are such sweet people. I appreciate that they remember who I am and I can feel their love not only for the missionaries, but for the spouses and children. Sister Joyce even noticed and commented on my hair cut! They have a beautiful home and just look at the scene from their balcony!
Saturday and Sunday we enjoyed conference. Well, actually, Tyler flew to Germany on Sunday morning, so he missed those sessions. Thank goodness they are easy enough to view/read at a later time!
Jamison makes watching conference a very different experience. He doesn't sleep through most of it like he used to. Now I have to keep an eye on him while I watch. I feel like I missed most of the talks. The message I got, though, was a reminder of what I've been trying to work on already. Being more Christ-like and less judgmental. I can't wait to re-read the talks and continue receiving needed inspiration and guidance.
Now Jamison and I are back in Idaho. We kind of took our time getting back. Jamison no longer sleeps through the whole trip, so I try to break it up. We stopped and had lunch in Malad and then stopped at the mall in Idaho Falls and visited my mother in law before finally arriving in Rexburg. At lunch I introduced Jamison to tomatoes and cucumbers. He wasn't too sure what he thought, but he ate the tomato! The cucumber ended up on the floor.
He's such a funny boy. He definitely keeps me entertained. Which is good, because I'll need lots of entertainment to help me get through the next few months! Tyler and I have never been this far apart, and the time difference and not being able to use his cell phone are killing me. I hate that I can't end my day by calling him, and that I can't just text him in the middle of the day to tell him something funny that Jamison did. Thank goodness there are so many modern technologies that allow us to be in contact at all, though. And actually tonight Tyler did call me (through Skype) before he went to work (he's 8 hours ahead). It was so sweet of him. :)
4 comments:
Glad to hear you guys are making it work :) As far as the texting, I found a free texting website, it's called textem.net Tyler could set up an account and send you a text and then you could send texts to that "number" and he can check it at his leisure on the internet. So you would have the leisure of still getting to use your phone when you want to text him and then he can check the texts on the internet at his :) I'm not sure if that would work but I thought I would let you know.
Cute! It looks like you had a good time and that picture of Germany is beautiful! Those are great goals to get from conference :) Something always to strive and work on. Glad the Ensign will come out so it'll be in magazine form too! Hope things are going well in Idaho :)
what a beautiful view! ps- there's an iPhone app called 'hey tell'. you can leave text messages in voice form. it's easier than texting and feels more real. hope this helps!
Your boy is SO CUTE!!!
Katie eats tomatoes like apples now. She hates them, but eats them like apples... go figure (because I praise praise praise, it's SO HARD to get her to eat any veggies).
The time difference would be HUGE! I am so sorry. I was worried about the same thing because I am constantly texting Jeff silly things his kids do. Guess you'll have to keep them in a notebook to tell him :)
Post a Comment