Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Remember our grand plans to visit the zoo this weekend?  The weather was perfect on Saturday and we drove to the zoo full of excitement.  Okay, so Jamison slept the whole ride over and had no clue what was going on...but I was super excited.  I love the zoo and I knew Jamison would have a blast because he loves animals so much (to illustrate this fact...we were watching The Adventures of TinTin and for the few minutes that Jamison watched it with us....he would laugh every time the dog came on screen).  Unfortunately, we should have done our research first because when we got to the zoo we discovered that it doesn't open until mid-April.  That was disappointing. 

We made the most of it though by going to Petsmart so that Jamison could look at the animals there.  Then we did a little bit of shopping.  When we came home, we finally decorated our bedroom.  It looks FANTASTIC!  Tyler is so amazing.  Remember how he made me a headboard for Christmas?  Well now he's made matching shelves with a light and everything.  What a smart and sexy husband I have!






Since Tyler won't be here for Easter, we had an early Easter this Sunday.  We put some of Jamison's favorite snacks in plastic eggs and left them around the living room for him to grab.  We also gave him a chocolate bunny.  I handed it to him to take some pictures and he sucked right through the wrapper.  He was pretty upset when I wouldn't let him eat the whole thing. I have a cute video of Jamison getting his eggs, but I keep forgetting to load it on the computer, so I will have to save it for another post. 



Though Tyler still doesn't have an itinerary, he has been told that he will be flying out of Salt Lake on Sunday, April 1st.  Which means we'll be able to go to his mission reunion.  I think he's pretty excited about that.  We're both starting to realize how crazy this is going to be.  Tyler told me today that although he's excited to go to Germany, he's tired of being away from Jamison and I.  That's how I feel too...I'm glad he gets to go to Germany, I know he'll have a good time, and it's a financial blessing that he has work.  I sure wish we saw each other daily though!  I listen to people complain that they are so busy that the only time they see their husband is when they get into bed at night.  I wish I even saw Tyler that much every day!!!  I'm not complaining though.  We are so lucky that he has work, and that he gets to come visit.  And we know this won't last forever.

Jamison just keeps growing.  He now has six teeth, two on bottom and four on top.  He loves to eat chicken nuggets and still loves his yogurt.  We've also discovered that he enjoys dark chocolate and tonight he ate a lime.  He didn't even pucker!  He's hitting a stage now where he throws horrible temper tantrums.  He will arch his back and scream and kick his legs...oh, and sometimes he'll even squeeze out a few tears.  He's pretty well behaved in public so people don't believe me when I say that he can be pretty cranky.  The other day I actually took pictures of his tantrum, so now I have physical proof that he's not the perfect angel people keep telling me he is!  (This does not mean I don't love him, of course.  The child is my pride and joy and I love him so much that I have a hard time leaving him with a sitter for even an hour.  But that doesn't mean I can't recognize that he can be a stinker sometimes!) 



I can't wait for summer to officially get here.  We've had some great weather, though it's not as warm this week and is supposed to snow on Sunday (of course it would snow when we have to travel!!!).  I take advantage of every warm day we have.  Jamison loves to be outside.




3 comments:

Jess and Richard said...

I know it isn't cute to you during his tantrums, but even the pictures of his tantrums are cute. :)

Viva said...

Adorable pictures! I'm glad you were able to spend time with Tyler and have good family Easter fun :)

Emily Bennett said...

YAY!!! I was able to get on! :) Looks like I have some blogs to read. Love it!