I was about to apologize that I feel the need to vent on my blog. And then I thought...it's my blog. I can do what I want, and the people who read it can always skip the post if they don't like it. Sometimes you just have to get things out, you know?
Life has been pretty crazy the last few weeks. Jamison is a little tornado, tearing up every part of the house.
I am realizing that he will always find something to get in to, even when I think there is nothing! But I love him so much, and really don't mind most of the messes. I know that's just part of having a child. I think it's actually kind of funny most of the time, and post some of the pictures on Facebook so that others can laugh too. Unfortunately I think my actions are misinterpreted because I've had a lot of people tell me that I'll just have to get used to the messes because I have a baby. I know, and I'm okay with it!!!
We had great weather at the beginning of the week and Jamison and I enjoyed Monday because we visited a friend, went for a walk, and then had dinner with more friends and visited the local cat shelter. Every part of that day was absolutely fantastic. Jamison was well behaved while we were visiting people. He laughed and chatted throughout our walk. I was concerned that he'd get upset that he was in the stroller, especially when the wind started blowing, but he was just fine. I think that the fresh air was good for both of us.
And then watching him at the cat shelter was so fun. He loves animals so much. He just laughed and smiled and shook with excitement as I let him touch the cats. One of the cats was loving the attention and got right up in Jamison's face. I half expected that to upset him but instead he laughed and hugged that cat. I wish I had that on video!
The rest of the week, however, has been a huge let-down after Monday. I do find ways to keep busy every day, so I'm not just sitting around. But the weather hasn't been as good, and that always makes it harder for me. Today the sun is shining so maybe we'll venture out for another walk if the wind isn't blowing too hard.
I've been trying to work on a goal to be more Christ-like because I have had less than Christ-like feelings about some people in my life recently. But it's very discouraging because I slip up all the time! This morning I woke up and thought, "I need to get to the temple, that will help!" But no one is available to watch Jamison today. My sweet visiting teacher is going to watch Jamison next week, so I will get to the temple, but I'm disappointed that I have to wait. That's just life, though. I'll keep pressing forward and working to change this bad attitude of mine!
Does anyone else struggle to feel the perfect love of Christ towards certain people? I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on what helped you get through it!
No comments:
Post a Comment