Today I gave the lesson in Relief Society. It was amazing. I don't think I can even put into words how wonderful it was. I have been preparing for three weeks; reading and re-reading the lesson, making notes, coming up with questions, reading scriptures. I prayed that I would be lead by the Spirit to say what needed to be said to the sisters in our ward. I prayed that I would be open to inspiration, and also that the sisters would be open to the Spirit and be able to teach and uplift each other through their participation. The Lord answered my prayers. I felt the Spirit so strongly as I stood at the front of the class and guided their discussion on the prophet Joseph Smith. It was such a beautiful experience for me. And it was made even more beautiful because my darling son was an angel. I was so worried that he would be fussy while someone else was watching him. He's usually fussy during the last hour of church anyway. He was amazing though. He just sat and played and talked to himself. I was so very grateful.
We found out tonight that Tyler will be going to Germany in April. We don't know many details. Tyler probably knows more than I know. I'm not even sure where in Germany he will be. He called me right before he went to bed to tell me he'd been called and told he'd be going to Germany in April for a few weeks. I look forward to learning more details. Since he first got this job, Tyler has been hoping he'd get sent to Germany. I'm glad he gets the opportunity. I must admit, though, that I am a little jealous!!!
P.S. Jamison is growing up way too fast. Can we please just freeze him at this age? I love his little personality, and I love that he's getting so smart and learning so much about the world around him. At the same time...I love having him be small enough that he still relies on me and wants me to hold and snuggle him. I want that to last forever.

1 comment:
I love how the Spirit can make things so much better and that it can raise you up in both the good and the hard times. Thanks for sharing your experience! :) That's exciting that Tyler gets to go to Germany! Hopefully he takes a lot of pictures and you get something awesome from there! ;) Amazing how fast a year goes huh? Things may be different but one thing that will never change is how much he loves you and needs you in his life :)
Post a Comment