This week has been so long. Seriously, it feels like the longest week of my life. And since I made the goal to enjoy my life more? God has been throwing a lot my way to challenge me. My week:
Jamison started the week with a cold. Actually, he got it last week. But it got really bad over the weekend and we had to skip church. He was mad every time I suctioned his nose but other than that he was still pretty perky.
Jamison gets a horrible diaper rash. It's his first ever and makes me feel like the worst mom. All I could think was...how could I have prevented this? What did I do wrong? Did I not change his diaper enough? Am I not cleaning him well enough? But every one keeps reassuring me that sometimes it just happens.
Tyler informed me that instead of coming home to visit on January 28th, he won't be coming until the 1st of February. Kind of a bummer, but a blessing that he will have extra days of work. We definitely need those. And anyway, it's only like 4 extra days apart. No biggie.
I came down with the flu. Horrible, horrible, horrible for anyone...but especially when you have no one to take care of you or your baby. Thursday I lay shivering in a blanket and half-heartedly pushing a ball to Jamison. And I let him watch several episodes of Blue's Clues. I swore I'd never let my babies watch t.v. So much for that. But God does show some mercy because Jamison took a three hour nap that afternoon.
Friday, while still battling the flu, I got my visit from mother nature. I haven't had a period in 65 days, and it has to show up while I have the flu?! We'll just leave it at that.
Oh, and because of the flu and my period, my milk supply has diminished super, super bad. I wasn't producing enough milk to feed my baby and yesterday I had to start supplementing with formula, which I have been trying soooo hard to avoid.
Yay life, right? Okay, so despite the crazy awful week it's been, there have been tender mercies and it's not all awful. Like I already mentioned, Jamison took a three hour nap when I was at my worst. He's also been pretty good about entertaining himself. After a few weeks of refusing solids, he has started eating apple sauce again. Even though now I have to supplement, I went almost nine months without needing to. My doctor told me that for pumping exclusively, that's really good/rare. My mother in law came over last night and made me dinner, did my dishes, took out my trash, played with my son, and brought us some extra strength Desitin. Such blessings. After she left and I saw my clean kitchen, I almost cried. I feel so frustrated when I have a dirty kitchen. It was nice to have it clean again. And Jamison's diaper rash is looking so much better this morning thanks to the Desitin (no, they did not pay me to say that...it's just the truth.) Jamison had stopped sleeping through night a few weeks ago and it had gotten really bad...he'd wake up 4 or 5 times a night and it would be really hard to get him back to sleep. But since I've gotten sick he's only woken up once or twice and after being given a little bit of water in a bottle, he'll go back to sleep. The little things like this make all the difference in the world. I am so grateful not only that God shows so much love, but that I'm recognizing it. Because I know that when I show gratitude, God will continue to bless me...and I could use all the blessings I can get!
P.S. Isn't my baby adorable? I love him.
4 comments:
Dear Tenika, YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOM! Also, I'm sorry life sucks sometimes :( And, strange to get advice from me on this, and you probably already know it, but if after a diaper change you'll let Jamison hang out nekk'd, it'll help the rash :) Love you guys.
I hope you start feeling better. We'll pray for you! Miss you!!
You're an amazing mom!!! Things happen but all that matters is you're doing your very best :) I hope you feel better soon!!
Why yes, he is adorable :D Sorry your week was rough. Hopefully this week will go better and hopefully I'll get to see you :D
Post a Comment