Friday, January 27, 2012

Tyler was supposed to be coming home this weekend for a visit before he started working in Kansas in a few weeks.  The plane had been booked, a rental car was ready at the airport, and I was excitedly counting down the hours until I'd see my husband again.  Then Tyler called me this afternoon and told me that he wouldn't be coming home.  I honestly thought it was some sort of sick joke.  It's not a joke, though, they have more work to do in Oklahoma.  I wish we could have known that before making plans, but I am oh-so-grateful that Heavenly Father is helping us meet our financial needs. (Reading this paragraph again makes it sound like we had to book the travel ourselves...his company actually takes care of it, and I don't envy them the headache they must have trying to undo the travel plans for all their employees in Oklahoma this weekend!)

I took a picture of Jamison today and sent it to Tyler and he said to me, "I can't believe how big he is getting!"  Sometimes I don't see the growth as much as other people do.  Perhaps it's because I'm with Jamison all the time.



I guess about a month and a half or two months ago, Tyler had tried to get Jamison to do what he is doing in this picture: using his crib to support himself in a standing position.  Tyler said his head barely came to the top of the crib.  And look at him now!

He's getting so big and clever.  Today he tried two new things, and it just blows me away that he's learning so much so fast.  He's been working on crawling and today he got closer than ever by holding himself up on his hands and feet.  I didn't get a picture, and I'm sure this description doesn't leave a very clear picture in anyone's mind.  Instead of being on his hands and knees, he was on his hands and feet, with his little bum in the air.  The other new thing he did was to pull himself up a little bit while he was taking a bath.  He was trying to reach his shampoo and actually pulled himself up enough to reach it!  I can't decide if he's going to crawl or jump straight into walking.  I guess we will see.  Either way, he's growing up every single day.  Sometimes I just want to freeze time.  Especially when he's giving me one of his sweet bear hugs.  Oh my darling son, you will be grown up and moving out before I know it!

(Do you like how he dumped all his snacks on the ground?  He's such a boy!)

2 comments:

Viva said...

Cute! He is getting way big! :D It's so cool how much he is doing and learning to do. I'm sorry Tyler didn't get to come home yet :( That's so disappointing! Hopefully he'll get to come soon though :)

Jayme said...

He is so big!