Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Now that we've started a new year, it seems like the blogging world is reviewing 2011.  I thought about writing a post about my 2011, but realized it would be lame.  Basically?  I started the year pregnant, with my husband working away from home and lots of drama on the home front and tons of stress.  I hated life.  That continued through until my baby was born in May.  That was a good month.  Then June and July we were getting ready to move, Tyler was away from home, more stress, and I hated life.  We had lots of stress with the move, got settled in Rexburg, my aunt died, Tyler had no job...and I hated life.  Then we had the holidays, more drama, lots of traveling, Tyler had a job for two months and then lost it...yup, you guessed it.  I hated life.

My resolution for 2012?  Stop hating life so much!!!  Okay, so my year wasn't all bad.  When I look back, I tend to focus on the bad.  However, we saw lots of blessings, I enjoyed time with family on both sides of the country, we have a beautiful baby boy who we love to pieces, and at the end of the year even though we were dirt poor, we had each other.  And a place to live...that's key because while we were moving we weren't sure we would!

I know that 2012 will bring more challenges.  I know there will be days when I want to pull my hair out.  I'll cry sometimes.  I'll probably still use my key phrase, "I hate my life!"  But...there will also be happiness and joy and great blessings.  So here's to a new year, and a new chance for me to recognize the good in life. :)

2 comments:

Viva said...

It is definitely easier to see the bad than the good sometimes huh? Just have to keep thinking that 2012 will be awesome and hope for the best :) Here's to an awesome 2012!

Jayme said...

You know, I'm going to hold you to this "positive outlook" thing ;)