Wednesday, October 19, 2011

When we moved to South Carolina, we drove across a good portion of the United States.  We made a similar journey when we moved back to Rexburg.  During those trips, I found that there is beauty all over the world, but it is different in every place.  I was having a really hard time with coming back to Idaho.  I had really enjoyed the trees, the weather....the things I was used to in the southeastern United States.  Idaho didn't have as many trees, I knew the weather would be a lot colder here, and I wasn't excited about it.

The last two weeks, our family has taken a few drives to see the way Idaho looks in the fall.  At first I was disappointed because...well...see for yourself:


There's a big difference.  But that doesn't mean there aren't trees in Idaho.  You just have to look a little harder to find them.  We looked, and we found.  Southeastern Idaho has a lot to offer when you know where to look.


All these images were taken within 45 minutes of Rexburg.  It's a different kind of beauty, but it is beautiful all the same.  God loves us, and things like this remind me just how much He loves us.  




2 comments:

Viva said...

Those are beautiful pictures! It's true...wherever you go you can find something beautiful there :)

Jayme said...

Those are great photos!