Devin and Leisl flew in to South Carolina yesterday evening. It's so fun having them here! I wish we could just hang out the whole time and not worry about packing, etc. Since they did come all this way, though, we knew we had to make it to the beach and give them a little taste of the south.
So today we went to Charleston and walked around. I found a place where we could eat alligator meat, which Devin has really wanted to do. So we had lunch at Poogan's Porch and had alligator meat, fried green tomatoes, amazing biscuits, and a variety of other delicious items. There were some famous people who ate there...the only ones I remember are Jim Carrey and Barbara Streisand.
After lunch we headed to Folly Beach. Jamison's first trip to the beach, if you recall, was in Hilton Head when my parents came at the end of May. He was NOT impressed when we put his feet in the water. This time he tolerated it and we got a half smile out of him. I think he might have enjoyed it more if he wasn't tired and a little bit cranky.
We had a really great time. Now it's back to packing, cleaning, and prepping for our cross-country move. Wish us luck!!!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Good luck moving back to Idaho! It's a whole boat load of fun :)
Post a Comment