Saturday, August 13, 2011

What I'm thinking about today....

* My husband and I will get to be together from now until December. That is four months. I did the math...we haven't been together for four months at one time in over a year.

*I cannot believe how fast my little son is growing. And he's so clever! He has been finding ways to wriggle out of his Swaddle Me for weeks now and last night he managed to completely break free. (Lest you think I torture him by putting him in a straight jacket, please understand that he startles a lot in his sleep and wrapping him up tight is the only way to ensure he gets a good sleep!)

*Next week Devin and Leisl will come into town. I am excited to introduce them to the south, to their nephew, and to Alligator Tail (Devin's special request).

*We are moving across the country. Again. When we left Rexburg I thought I would cry, but I never did. Yesterday as I drove through Sumter and realized I would be leaving in less than two weeks, I teared up. I will miss this humid, ghetto place.

*Packing is an absolute pain. The worst part is knowing that within a few months, I'll be doing this all over again. And probably a few months after that as well. Ew.

*I am so grateful that I have been blessed with a sweet, caring husband. Even though his work has prevented us from having a "normal" family life, I am counting my blessings. I have a husband who loves me, who is alive and well, who can provide for the needs of our family, and who, because of technology, I can communicate with every single day despite the miles between us.

*I am also grateful that I have been blessed with a healthy baby who I can cuddle with every day. My heart goes out to those who are not so lucky as to have a baby they can hold and love...who are struggling to get pregnant, who have to bury their little ones, or who have to see their babies suffer in the hospital.

*There is a lot of questions about our future. We are still far from decided about what to do once Tyler finishes at BYU-Idaho. It is stressful, it is scary, but it is something that every person has to go through...that decision as to what direction they want their life to take. We are no different from anyone else. We'll figure it out.

*We still don't know where we will live when we get to Idaho. We haven't found an apartment that meets our needs and our budget. More and more every day we are learning to be led by faith. It will work out. We will be fine.

1 comment:

Emerson and Cassandra said...

It's always fun to read your thoughts, Tenika. I'm glad to be reading your blog again :)