My life has changed a lot since Jamison was born. In a lot of ways that I expected, and in a few that I didn't. I thought I was prepared for a baby and knew what to expect, but you can never really know what to expect in life!
I am sometimes surprised by how much love I constantly feel for my little man. From the very first moment I saw him, I was in love. And even when it's 3 in the morning and I'm exhausted and he's refusing to go to sleep, my heart is still over-flowing with love for him.
Since Jamison has been born, I've also felt the Spirit more consistently. My baby just came from God's arms, and I feel like he brought God's love more to my attention. Part of my bedtime routine for Jamison is to read the scriptures, sing a song, and say a prayer. Sometimes while I'm singing him a primary song, I tear up. The Spirit is so strong!
Yesterday I sang "I'm trying to be like Jesus" and I listened to the words more closely than I ever have before. I had to ask myself, "am I doing those things? Am I really trying to be like Jesus?" My resolve was strengthened, and that night I specifically prayed to be doing the things from the song, those things that I know will help me be more like Jesus.
I knew my baby would change me and make me a better person. I knew I'd learn a great deal of patience, and have countless opportunities to serve. Somehow, though, it never occurred to me that Jamison would help me draw closer to the Spirit and my Heavenly Father.
6 comments:
Teni
I love this thank you for sharing you testimony.
Thank you so much for that beautiful post.
Thank you for sharing :D That is so neat Tenika! I am so happy for you!!
So neat! Having children is a blessing.
I really loved this post. Children really are amazing and a blessing! Thanks for sharing this :)
Makes me proud as a Mom to see you starting an awesome bedtime ritual with your precious son. I love you all.
Post a Comment