Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Help Me Out!

My son grabs my hair. All. the. time. Also, I hate how when I put him on my shoulder to burp him, he gets a face full of hair. So I either have to wear it in a pony tail for the rest of forever or...get a mom cut.

I started looking at hairstyles online and found three I liked. I asked my family which one they liked best and got mixed answers. Tyler likes the longer one, but I worry it's still too long. My sister likes one of the shorter ones, but I wonder if they are too short. Because the thing about having a new baby is that I don't always have the time to do my hair. So I still have to be able to pull it back. But I want to be able to wear it down sometimes too. I'm so indecisive about what style I want. I don't trust myself to choose something that will look good. I was looking at pictures of hair styles I've had in the past and decided that I pretty much hate my hair. So, if you could all be dears and tell me which of these styles you like best...it would maybe help. Or maybe I'll just second guess it all anyway and continue putting off the decision making..

#1-This is possibly my favorite...but also the one I am most afraid of...what if it looks bad? Or doesn't work out? Or can't be pulled back? Oy.


#2-This is the one Tyler is voting for. What's up with guys always liking longer hair better? Also, the new glasses I got today kind of look like hers.


#3-I'm loving the layers in this one.


#4-My sister informed me today that she likes my hair best at this length/style.

#5-This one is kind of like #3...and sometimes I look at it and say it is my favorite hair cut ever...and sometimes I hate it. But I always love how cute my sister looks in this picture.


What say you, friends? Any of these stand out?

14 comments:

Viva said...

I vote #3 or #4 Either would be way cute on you :)

Emerson and Cassandra said...

your number five is way cute, and reminds me of number three. If you can pull off the choppy look, I think that would be so cute (I say IF, because I personally cannot pull it off. But I think your hair is straight enough that you can.) So that is my long-winded way of saying I think you'd look cute in a haircut that is slightly above the shoulders and choppy. Maybe with a choppy bang like number two.

Kara Jarvis said...

Okay, here's what I think having had pretty much all of these haircuts. Go for #3. I say that for these reasons: #1 could look gross mom shaggy if you don't do it (like a shower and air dry deal). #2 would be hard for the same reasons plus its a little on the "emo" side as far as haircuts go and I don't think that matches your personality very well. #4 looks like the safe version of #3. And I can't really see #5 but it looks like a longer version of #1. I say go for #3 (but with defined stacked layers in the back) because this one is the easiest (I've found) to do. My hair is curly and I found that I could do a quick 2 min blow dry, flat iron the fronts, and run out the door. If you don't feel like doing your bangs, pull them back in a cute pouf and you still look trendy and cute. Or if you don't want to dry, throw some hair wax or mousse into it, and let it air dry sort of wavy. The key though is the shorter back and longer front. If it's too even, it looks mom-ish. And if your hair is super thick (like mine), ask them to thin it, and it will lay flatter and chunkier like the #3 model's hair.

Tenika, you're not old enough for the mom cut yet. You can still be trendy and have a little fun, even with a baby. SAY NO TO MOM HAIRCUTS!!

Ms. Abbott said...

I really Like # 2 however I don't think it will solve the issues with Jamison.
I would vote for #3 or #4

Jayme said...

If you're nervous about not rockin your hair-do, I recommend talking to your hair stylist before doing anything drastic! Or just go with something you've done before and already know you'll like. . . that's what I always do :)

Courtney said...

I vote 3 as well. It is really cute! But when I became a mom with Raelie, I chopped off my hair and then totally hated it... but you know I have ALWAYS had long hair and can't seem to like it any other way. The hair always seems to be a problem with a baby no matter the lenght or style (at least that is what I have found) No matter what you are always moving it out of the way or grabbing it out of little fingers. I have found I like it long and just pull it back somehow and it was easier for me... i was doing that with short hair too, but it didn't go back as easy (since it was short) but if you do cut- I love 3!

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

I like 3 or 4, but I think you should show your options to your stylist and ask which ones would work best with your hair type. Good luck deciding!

p.s. the ponytail wouldn't be for the rest of forever -- and it's easy enough to take out when it's actually time to dress up. ;)

Christine said...

I think #3 and #4 are really similar and both look super cute and since you've had it before, you know what you are getting in to. I am the same way about my hair, so I am just letting it grow and grow and am determined to try new things with it now that I have more energy to put into things like that. Good luck deciding!

Audra Jackson said...

#2 or #4. You are super cute no matter what you choose :)

Cassott Kinghorn said...

#4 :D

Jess and Richard said...

I like number 3!

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for number four. You look super cute, your hair is off your shoulders so the burping this is taken care of, and it looks like you'll be able to pull it back. I think #4 is kind of like #3, but #3 has more layers in it. So if you wanted to go for something new and different I would vote for #3. Just remember, hair grows and nothing is permanent.

You better post pictures once you get it cut though!!

Rachel Collier said...

I'm voting for number three. Isn't it funny how having a baby makes you want to change your hair. I keep thinking that I want to cut and maybe color my hair too.