I have been trying to take advantage of all the beauty that Sumter has to offer me. So a few times a week I take a little stroll around part of town to get in some good exercise, enjoy the weather, and see something beautiful. I'm really going to miss the great weather and green scenery I've had here. I guess I'll have to get back in the mind set of thinking snow is pretty too. *shudder*
But until I actually make that transition...let me share some of the beautiful images I've been able to enjoy recently.
The apartment complex I live in has some very beautiful grounds. Every day when I drive in or out of the complex I think "this is so beautiful, I need to get pictures of this." FINALLY I have done it!

Last year an alligator took up residence in the pond and the other day my father in law called to inform that there was a new gator this year. I wish it had been lighter out so that you could see him better. He's about 3 feet long.

The one thing that I was told I had to see when I first came to Sumter (back when Tyler and I were starting our marriage) was Swan Lake. I loved it, and I still do.

Though I don't have a picture of this, I ran into a water snake of some sort while I was walking the trail. It scared me because I've read that at least half the snakes in South Carolina are poisonous. Luckily neither of us was interested in bugging the other!

And I remember the very first time I drove in Sumter, it was late at night, and I could see some sort of pond in the darkness as we drove through town. It's a beautiful swampy pondy thing, I don't know what it's officially called. But I love to drive past it and I've tried multiple times to try and take a picture of it when I drive past. I finally caved in, parked the car a block away, and walked along the side of the road to get this picture.

So much beauty! I want to share it with everyone. And I want to enjoy it all the time. God really did make a beautiful earth for us.
3 comments:
What beautiful scenery! And that's so cool about the alligator.
Oh it's so pretty! I love it!
That's your neighborhood? Wow! I'm glad you were able to finally get your photos. And dim or not, that gator pic is amazing! =)
Post a Comment