Easter is usually my favorite holiday. But this year...I'm just not feeling my normal enthusiasm. Everything is different and busy and there are too many other things to focus on. My mother in law gave me a bag of candy though, and that makes me smile. Though we all know the Easter candy isn't the reason we have this holiday. It is a reminder of the Atonement of our Savior, who made it possible for us to repent and be cleansed from our sins so that we can enter the presence of our Heavenly Father when we leave this life.

Tyler came home this weekend for his sister's wedding. It was so, so, so good to see him even if it was for a limited, very busy, amount of time. I love that man so much and I'm always so happy to see him.
Emily was married yesterday in the Columbia temple. The weather was perfect, the ceremony made me cry, the bride and groom looked beautiful/handsome. I didn't take a single picture, but I'm really looking forward to seeing all the pictures others took of the happy day.

(Picture snagged off Facebook from the photographer: Mary Chorey)
Pregnancy has had its ups and downs in the past week. Tuesday at my doctor's appointment, my blood pressure was insanely high and they were talking about putting me in the hospital over night for observation. I was not impressed with that idea, even though I had to admit I had known all weekend it might be a possibility because I had felt nauseous and lightheaded. In the end, they monitored me for a few hours and sent me home with strict instructions to eat regular meals, drink lots of water, and check my own blood pressure for any sudden changes. My lightheadedness and nausea have gone away, thank goodness. My little man is still breech, and the doctor has told me the goal is to get me to 39 weeks. All the nurses fake optimism and tell me there is still time for him to flip, but who are they kidding? I can feel it in my bones...this baby has no intentions of moving.
I have been dealing with other fun pregnancy things too. My feet and hands get soooo swollen. I haven't worn my wedding rings in months and now I can barely get my flip flops on my feet. It's hard to shave my legs (and I don't know about you other girls, but I HATE hairy legs). My hips get sore, as well as my back. I feel like I never get a good night's sleep anymore between bathroom visits, hip pain, and endless heat.
I don't expect sympathy. My motto with pregnancy has always been that you brought it on yourself and should have known there would be some discomfort...so get over it. And I'm not really hoping for it to be over soon. Because if I'm being completely honest, I don't feel ready to have this baby yet. I wouldn't mind a few more weeks of pregnancy because I'm scared of what's going to happen and how my life is going to change once our little man gets here. At the wedding yesterday, I had some pregnancy symptoms that made me afraid that I was going to have the baby this weekend. And I cried. Please tell me this is normal!
There are so many things going on in life right now that I haven't blogged about. But if I blog about them all, I think people will not only get bored, but they will think that I am pathetic or looking for sympathy or something. And I'm not looking for sympathy. So I'll keep the stories to myself.
And to end on a better note than this blog post has been taking....yesterday we saw an 8 foot alligator sun bathing by the pond. He was big, and I can't believe I was in a car 100 feet away from him. My father in law's apartment looks right over the pond, so we stood on his balcony with binoculars and watched the gator. It was crazy! I wish I had a super good zoom on my camera so that I could get good pictures to share with everyone. Tyler's uncle took some, and I might snag a few to post later on. Along with some fun wedding pictures.
Happy Easter, everyone!
5 comments:
I would say that it gets better. . . but I hear it really doesn't :( best of luck!
Hang in there...you're going to be an AMAZING mom! I hope everything goes well with him being born.
Happy Easter Tenika :D
I totally can relate to not feeling ready. But I am sure we'll both adapt... we have not choice! :) Just hang in there! You'll be an amazing mom!
You're almost there! So proud of you, hang in there just a little longer momma!!!
Post a Comment