Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's coming....

I was debating whether or not to announce this but...why not?

My little man is still breech and so Monday, May 2nd, I am scheduled to have a c-section. They will do an ultrasound before I go into surgery just in case he decides to cooperate for once and flips (but that's not very likely and the doctor said he might even flip back into breech after flipping).


(Picture courtesy of Jeff Dennis)

Can you believe it? I will officially be a mom this Mother's Day.

And for all who have been wondering whether or not Tyler's crazy work-away-from-home-schedule would allow him to be at the birth...he is prepared to be here this weekend and stay for at least a week. But they might not have much work for the month of May and he might get a whole month to bond with his sweet baby boy. :)

I definitely feel big enough to "pop"

6 comments:

Jayme said...

yay! Congrats!

Courtney said...

Awesome! That is such good news to know you have a for sure day when your baby will be born, it was always hard for me to not know.It is such an amazing experience! The scariest, hardest, and yet the most amazing miracle! ( Don't know if this helps, but I had a blessing before my induction, It seemed to help me) I pray all goes well for you both- I guess I should say all three of you now!! And can't wait to see pics of your little one!!! Having a baby for Mother's Day, is the best gift. My Raelie was born on Mother's Day and now she will be 3!

Lane & Kelly Snider said...

YAY! I am sooooo excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of your little man! And I am thrilled for you and Tyler that Tyler is able to get work off for this!

Ms. Abbott said...

Teni, Can I just say I love you and your awesome. I'm so excited for you and Tyler, and actually I'm excited to Jamison too cause he is going to have awesome parents, who love him tons and tons. I love the pics you put up on this post they are fun. I'm also excited to see pics of your little one. Yay!!!

Cassott Kinghorn said...

Today in RS at church we were talking about how the atonement is not just for sinners but for those who are in need of some enabling power to survive and strive through the experiences that life brings us. We talked about how as women we so often try to just do everything our selves and try not to bother the Savior and how that is so wrong. Who are we to determine that we don't want to ask the Savior for the help that he has already experienced for us. I wanted to share that with you because you are about to embark on some excitment this week with medical stuff and a BABY! Ah! yay! So friend, don't forget to use the atonement! I know I need to use it more. Oh, and don't forget to get a blessing :D Yay for the gospel! Love you! Good luck with everything!!!! and THANK YOU for sharing! I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Megan said...

I am sorry to hear you have to have a C-section, but believe me when I say that a scheduled C-section is 100 times better than an emergency one! {I've done it both ways.)

My advice: Take your med's when you should, and don't try to push yourself! When you have a good day, and you're feeling like you should be able to accomplish a lot... don't do it until you're actually healed up. Just enjoy your new baby and LET PEOPLE coddle you! Reality and the need to be self-reliant will come soon enough. =)