Yeah, actually, I guess I kind of want to brag, sorry. So here goes...
Last night while Tyler was attending the Priesthood Session of General Conference (visit www.lds.org to learn more), I decided to surprise him and put together the shelf we had bought over a month ago. We've been meaning to get the spare room/baby room put together for a while now, and realized last night was pretty much our last chance. Tyler left for Kentucky this morning and won't be back until the end of April when his sister gets married. But I'm getting off topic...
While Tyler was gone, I decided to surprise him and put together the shelf. Okay. When we put together the crib, I wasn't much help. My husband put me in charge of the instructions and quickly realized I had no idea how to read them. He took over and I just helped hold things and hand him screws (which is the same thing I always did for my dad growing up). So this was going to be quite a feat, and I was excited to accomplish the task and receive his surprised praise.
The instructions were very confusing. I had to talk myself through a few situations, rearrange a few things I'd put together wrong, and I was pretty much at my wit's end when I discovered a piece I'd put in the wrong place was now STUCK. I used all my strength to try and pull it out...but without luck. And then my husband walked through the door.
"Thank goodness you are home!" I shouted. Tyler pulled the piece out for me and then sat and watched as I put together the rest of the shelf. I did use his help a few times, but for the most part....it was all me, baby!
Sorry to toot my own horn so much!Other things I've been up to:
*A crazy cooking kick! This past week I've made cookies, grilled apple and bacon sandwiches, Key Lime Pie, and Meringues with homemade cream and raspberries. mmmm...
*Using talents I didn't realize I had by conducting the music at a funeral.
*Searching for jobs and housing opportunities in the Rexburg area.
*Weekly doctor's appointments and hospital visits in preparation for le bébé!
2 comments:
I've been on a crazy cooking kick as well! Also, sorry to hear Tyler is in Kentucky! You are one strong girl! Lane had to go to Texas for 6 days last month for work, and I thought I was going to go crazy having him gone that long. I can't imagine what it must be like for you. Not much longer though till you can be together more permanently in Idaho! YAY!
Kudos to you on your fine bookshelf assembly. =) You're moving back to Rexburg? {I really need to catch up on your blog!} We were just there for Spring Break visiting Bryan's parents in Sugar City. =)
Post a Comment