Monday, March 14, 2011

Springing Forward!

I didn't mean to post about the dogs! I had written the draft, but I was still debating whether or not to publish it. Then when Tyler was home this weekend I showed it to him and he published it for me. It was an accident...but now that it's done I might as well keep it up. And I guess I'll have to add a part two after the dog sitting is done.

I've also finally remembered to post a baby bump picture. Are you proud?

31 weeks pregnant (picture taken March 10th, 2011)

So my fun story to share today....daylight savings adventures! We've all had at least one, I'm sure.

Tyler and I wouldn't have even realized it was time to switch up the clocks had it not been for an email from a friend. They invited us to their baby blessing (which unfortunately we couldn't go to) and made sure to mention the time change. And then had we forgotten, I had several Facebook friends use their statuses to remind all their friends.

Before going to bed, Tyler and I pushed all the clocks ahead one hour. Then we wondered what our phones would do. Would they change automatically? Would we need to turn them on and off again? Tyler decided to manually change the time on his before we went to bed. And then we set the alarm on his phone so that we'd have plenty of time to get ready for church.

When the alarm went off in the morning we were both super exhausted (thanks to more dog adventures....) so we decided to sleep in a little bit. Instead of snoozing the alarm we accidentally turned it off. I woke up with a jerk a while later, looked at the time, and started freaking out. We had five minutes before church began.

Tyler and I have probably never been so fast to get ready for church. Breakfast on the go? Yes please. When we made it to the church building 30 minutes later, there were only about 8 cars in the parking lot. It was really weird. And when we got into the chapel, this is what we saw:


We looked around, seeing the missionaries standing in the back, and wondered how the entire ward had forgotten about daylight savings. It was creepy. I told Tyler that we must have stepped into the twilight zone.

As it turns out....Tyler's phone had actually jumped ahead an hour automatically. But since he'd set it manually, it was now ahead two hours. By the time I looked at another clock, I was so frazzled I'd only payed attention to the minutes...not the hour! On the bright side, we were over 30 minutes early for church.

1 comment:

Emerson and Cassandra said...

Cute baby bump pic! And that's a funny Daylight savings story. We had a similar experience...man, DS should just die, don't you think? I'm glad you were early, instead of late! :)