I'm pretty sure that this second part isn't going to be as exciting as part one, so I apologize. By the time we'd hit a week, the dogs and I mostly had a routine down...which was nice. But during this time with the dogs I began to notice how much like siblings they are. Rusty is a big tease, and sometimes I can almost hear Jake saying "Moooom...make him stop!"
Day 8-Tyler was back in town, which meant the dogs were on the floor at bedtime. I gave them each a blanket on opposite sides of the room. (Funny side note: Jake loves to be tucked in like a baby when he goes to bed. So I tucked him in to the blanket for bed). In the middle of the night Rusty stole Jake's blanket, so Jake decided to get in bed with us. Tyler pushed him off and he made a loud THUMP that woke me up. Then we couldn't find Jake so we were afraid he was dead. After turning on the light, we discovered that he was alive...just scared of Tyler (and who can blame him!)
Day 9-Jake was upset when Tyler and I wouldn't let him sleep on our legs while we watched a movie. So I got him a blanket to lie on by our feet. And then Rusty was trying to get on the blanket too, but there wasn't enough room. So I had to pause the movie and get both dogs a blanket so they would stop fighting like little children. Who knew blankets could cause so many problems???

Day 10-At 2 a.m. I woke up to the sound of Jake peeing on the carpet. Again. And Tyler woke up to me yelling at Jake.
Day 11-Both dogs decided they wanted dinner two hours early. So they spent those two hours until dinner time following me around, panting loudly, and hopefully running to their food bowl any time I stood up. (Oh, and slobbering on my computer).
Day 12-The weather was nice so we all spent the afternoon outside. There were no real adventures and their momma came home that night, which led to lots of happy dances and loud "roo-roo-roos" (which is how Jake expresses happiness at seeing someone).

No comments:
Post a Comment