Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mini-Vacation

After the crazy things that have been going on this month for Tyler and myself...we decided it was time to take a break. So using the hotel points that Tyler has gained from months and months of living in hotels for work....we put together a little mini-vacation to Myrtle Beach.

To start off we took a quick trip to the outlet malls. We were there with a mission...we needed some shorts for Tyler and something I could wear to the beach. After finding the items we needed and snagging pizza for lunch at a restaurant called the Mellow Mushroom we went to Ripley's Aquarium.

Outside the Aquarium. I forgot to take the camera off zoom but this is Tyler's favorite picture...so we kept it.

I'm a big fan of aquariums. It seems like every trip I take includes a visit to the local aquarium. This one was super exciting to me because they had a tunnel you go through to see the sharks. Which means there are sharks swimming all around you. It was SO cool. We went through twice. And took a million pictures. And I was as giddy as a kid at Christmas. I think I even clapped my hands a few times.

There are six sharks in this picture!



The hotel we spent the night in was right on the beach. And the best part was it was free! Tyler has earned enough points that we didn't pay a single penny for the room. We had a balcony overlooking the beach and we left the door open all night long and fell asleep to the sound of the waves.

The view of the beach from our balcony

Oh, but before going to bed we went to a seafood buffet someone had recommended to us. It was good but when we went to pay...it was $27.99 a person. EEK!

I have a picture on my phone of me eating crab legs for the first time. They were super delicious...better than I expected...and now my favorite seafood. But Tyler had to crack them open and pull the meat out for me. I just couldn't handle the legs there on my plate. It took a lot of effort to even hold them in my hand long enough to get the picture! (Which I really should post since it's such an accomplishment...)

We woke up early the next morning and watched the sun rise from the beach. It was breathtaking. Again, we took a lot of pictures. I put tons of them on Facebook and Tyler teased me about it, so I'm only posting two here. I highly recommend you look at my pictures on Facebook though.

The pictures can't do it justice, but it was so, so beautiful! Definitely an experience I will never forget.

We both came home feeling very refreshed. It was so nice to take some time just for us, and to clear our mind from all the worries and stresses that have been crowding them. And I'm so glad I FINALLY got a trip to the beach (this is our first one since moving here...which seems sad since it's only a two hour drive!)

3 comments:

Emerson and Cassandra said...

What a perfect getaway! Just the thing to do before baby arrives. And I'm so glad you were able to do it for free! That makes it even more fun! :)

Courtney said...

How fun! It is so nice to get away! It looks so beautiful and like so much fun! Jealous, I have never been to the beach or anything before.

Laura said...

Looks amazing!! Glad you had a great time! :)