Sometimes I feel like a very bad mother.
I had a doctor's appointment this week and my blood pressure (as it has been pretty much my whole pregnancy) is a little high. I let myself get stressed too easily. The doctor (well, one of the five I see...by the way, I would not recommend going to an office where they tell you that you won't have your own doctor, you'll see whoever is in that day...) told me on my first visit that this might lead to problems later on.
On top of that, I noticed my little monkey wasn't being so monkey like last week. He didn't seem to move as often or with as much energy.
So I had to take a non-stress test. They strap you up to a monitor and watch the baby's heartbeat for peaks. A peak in the heartbeat means movement. They just want to see how often he's moving around. And they gave me orange juice because, as the tech put it, "it makes the baby happy."
My little boy was so active throughout the test that it made me seem like a dumby who just didn't realize when my baby was moving. As it turns out, he would move more if I wasn't practically starving him. Apparently I'm not eating enough to give him the energy he needs.
Every week until I go into labor I will be going to the hospital for a BPP (Bio-Physical Profile) to watch baby's muscle tone, movements, etc. I'm grateful that my doctor wants to double check that everything is okay. And I like the idea of weekly ultrasounds so that I can SEE that my baby is okay. Because I do worry a lot...there are so many stories.
Now I'm working hard to make sure I listen when my body tells me it is hungry, and I'm eating healthy snacks every two hours or so. The difference is amazing. I really didn't realize I wasn't eating enough, but now that I'm eating more I am feeling A LOT more movement...like I used to feel! And it feels GREAT.
Sorry my little son...I didn't mean to starve you!!!
P.S. Tyler will be moving to another part of the country within the next two weeks. Cross your fingers things won't be too complicated when the baby is born! OY life.
2 comments:
Im sorry to hear you have been stressed. Hopefully everything will go better now that you are eating more. That is so hard, so much to worry and think about when your pregnant. I am sure that is will all be ok, especially if your are already seeing better results. I can't wait to see this little one! Hope things go well for you and Tyler. That is not fun having him move.
I am glad to hear the baby is still doing okay. It is something I always worry about myself (whether the baby is getting enough nutrition, etc.). I also get a little anxious when my baby isn't moving around as much. Oh the joys of being pregnant...
Post a Comment