I need some help from my blogger friends. My last post really impacted me and I still can't stop thinking about it. A few days ago as I was driving home I suddenly felt like maybe this was something I should submit to a church magazine. Either the Ensign or the New Era. (If you don't know, those are two LDS magazines that are sent out every month full of inspirational articles and stories...the New Era is geared towards teenagers and the Ensign is geared towards adults. They also have a magazine for kids called the Friend.) I'm a little scared to submit it because I've tried submitting things in the past without luck...and no one likes to be rejected. I know it needs some work before it would be print worthy anyway...so I'd love some input. Even if you don't do anything more than tell me that I put a comma in the wrong place, or maybe just cheer me on? I could really use the support.
Thanks friends!
7 comments:
Yes, You should and you did have something submitted once...along time ago. But it would be a good idea.
I think it is always worth a try...besides, even if it doesn't end up published, you just shared something very important and valuable to all us blog readers...thank you!!!
No reason not to try. And if you felt impressed to submit it, then you should definitely go for it!
Btw, our baby is due on father's day... so Lane might get to celebrate his first one in a very big way!
Definatly! Take the chance.
That's awesome! I think you should definitely go for it. You said you'd like some feedback as well as encouragement so here's my two cents.
I'd take out the paragraph break between the first and second paragraphs. I feel like it helps the flow a little. In paragraph four I would add maybe one more sentence about the feeling of finding the ring. I felt like it was a little anticlimactic (although I realize that wasn't the quite intended to be the highest point of the article). Lastly, in paragraph seven, I would maybe use a different word rather than "reprimanded". I think it comes across with a harsher meaning than what you probably meant.
Anyways, it's written really well (as usual for you! lol). Those are just a couple things that I think might make it even better. Good luck!
I think it's definitely something to try to submit. It's a great story and a wonderful reminder that we should have Heavenly Father first not last.
That's cute that he's due on Mother's Day! That'd be awesome if he was born that day too :) The perfect gift!
That is cool about mothers day! Raelie was born for Mothers Day too! The best gift I could ever ask for!
Post a Comment