I began falling in love with Tyler from practically the first moment I saw him. My roommate and I were standing in a very long line waiting to get our I-cards (BYU-I ID cards) and Tyler was standing right in front of us. I didn't talk to him...but I looked at him and thought he was attractive.
What a surprise that the same boy would end up at my apartment later that night! One of my roommates had a crush on his roommate and had invited them both for dinner. I had dinner with my parents that night, so I didn't get an opportunity to talk to him. Luckily for me he and his roommate continued coming over every night.
It was a while before Tyler worked up the courage to say anything to me besides "hi", but once we began talking...there was no stopping us. We would talk on the phone every night until the wee hours of the morning. I'm surprised we both survived that semester with such limited sleep.
Within a few months we admitted to each other that we were falling in love. When Tyler moved from Rexburg to Kentucky to save money for his mission, we continued our relationship long distance. I wrote to him faithfully the whole time he served his mission and when he came home (after some minor drama that we won't go in to....) we picked up where we had left off. He called every night and we talked for hours.
Finally, a little over 4 years after first meeting, Tyler and I were married in the Rexburg, Idaho Temple. Actually, our marriage date, July 30th, 2009, was exactly 4 years from the day of the Rexburg temple ground breaking. Which was a significant day in our young lives...we went to the ground breaking together and it was the first time we admitted we liked each other. :)
I love that man so much, and I am so happy to be married to him. I am not going to get into arguments with anyone about who has the best husband. I will just say that I have the best husband for me. He is always caring, loving, and sweet. He calls me on his lunch breaks and every night before bed. He drives home almost every weekend to be with me. And every time I look into his eyes...I can just see how much he loves me and it melts my heart.
And now a new little man is entering our lives and along with being nervous and a little stressed....we are both excited. Little Jamison Parker, your parents love you so much!
And my own parents...who have always done so much for me. They are the best parents I could ask for, and I love them so much!
I won't post a picture of all the extended family or all the friends who have been a part of my life and hold a special place in my heart. Just know that I am blessed to have a lot of wonderful people in my life and I love them all dearly!Happy Valentine's Day!


2 comments:
What a wonderful post! I completely agree with you; why can't we celebrate all of our happy relationships (friends, family, romantic, whatever) on V-day? It's a great concept. And what fun to see pics of your ultrasound!
So sweet! I loved reading about your love story. =)
Post a Comment