Thursday, February 17, 2011

Disorganized Thoughts...

My thoughts are rather disorganized today, so I imagine this blog post will be as well. But I just wanted to throw out some of my thoughts...maybe it will help me organize them.

~I am absolutely loving the current weather here in South Carolina. Winter is pretty much over! It's been in the high 60's F/low 70's F for the past week. I am wearing shorts and flip flops today and loving every minute of it. (Also, I'm so glad I can start wearing flip flops...it's getting harder and harder to bend over enough to tie my shoes...)

~My hips and back ache sometimes thanks to all the extra weight my little babe is putting on them. I lost my internet at home (that's what I get for "borrowing" from the neighbors...) so I haven't been able to do any Yoga lately. I'm hoping to get real internet soon and get the Yoga back....crossing my fingers it helps!


~The weekend spent in Tennessee was fun. The drive...not very comfortable. BUT there was some really pretty scenery. Though it's much, much prettier when there are leaves on the trees.


~There is a long list of things Tyler and I need to get done this weekend. All I really want to do, though, is go to the beach with the love of my life. We haven't been to the beach the whole time I've lived here...and I feel like I should be taking advantage of it while I can! We probably won't be here next year.

~I found my Jr. High/High School journals and read through them the other day. I was super embarrassed for my younger self. I did some really ridiculous things and there is a whole year of entries that are all about this boy or that boy. I'd forgotten I went through a super boy crazy stage. I think I had those memories repressed. Now they are out again and I'm having weird dreams each night about people I knew in High School.

~The past week I've actually done a lot of reminiscing. I've had to find new ways to entertain myself since my internet has been down. So I looked through all the pictures I have collected over the years. And then I missed all the fun I had in college. Growing up isn't always so great...but things can't stay the same forever! And I'm in a better place now than I was then anyway...Tyler and I are finally together FOREVER.

~All this reminiscing made me realize I need to do better at staying caught up in my journal. I know that one day I'll want to look back on these times, and if I don't keep a record...how will I? Or my children? I didn't write in my journal the first 6 months I was in college, and so much happened! I regret that now. It motivates me to do better in the future. Here's hoping that motivation sticks.

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is my motivation for keeping our blog {along with keeping in touch with faraway family}. When I re-read past entries I am always SO glad that I recorded details. I love to reread journals, and things are just lost from memory way sooner than I expect when they don't get recorded!