Thursday, January 27, 2011

Good-bye Utah, Hello Hubby

Sorry, folks, no pictures in this post. I had a friend tell me yesterday that she was disappointed I didn't take more pictures while I was in Utah. The thing is...I was there to visit! And that's what I did. I spent lots of time with people doing things...and didn't worry about pulling out the camera. I just enjoyed the memories I was making and the people I was making them with.

I had a super fun time in Utah, but just like any other vacation....it came to an end. Tuesday morning I left the snowy state. It didn't snow the whole time I was in Utah...but it snowed like crazy when my mom was driving me to the airport. Go figure.

During my travels back to South Carolina, I found myself experiencing a great deal of tender mercies. I feel it's appropriate and important for me to take note of those.

*Despite slipping in the snow and seeing at least a dozen accidents around us, Mom and I made it to the SLC airport unharmed (and on time!)

*Even though my luggage was 2 lbs overweight...the lady didn't charge me! (It would have been an extra $50...ew!)

*I was able to get an aisle seat on every single flight (A pregnant woman's dream)

*Even though my flights were scheduled ridiculously close to each other, I made it to all of them on time.

*Though I spent plenty of time in the days leading up to my travels being nervous about traveling alone...once I actually had to do it, I was calm and confident.

*My carry-on fit onto every plane...even though other people had to check theirs at the door. (Last time I checked mine at the door...it ended up in baggage claim. Not cool.)

*When I arrived at the airport in Florence, SC I got to see my handsome husband.

Tyler decided it would be fun if he picked me up from the airport and took me back to North Carolina with him (where he is still working). The airport is the half way point between our home in Sumter and where he is staying in Fayetteville, so it worked out great.

And that great man I am married to was super sweet. When I got to the hotel I found flower petals on the bed, my favorite cereal on the counter, and a bag of chocolates. My hubby sure knows how to treat a girl right. :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hurray for sweet husbands! I love that you were able to go with him. I also love that you recorded the tender mercies -- so easy to forget when you don't record them and so nice to reminisce about when you do! Glad GLAD you made it safely back!

Emerson and Cassandra said...

Aw, I love it! I'm glad you were safe and that you have a husband that treats you like a queen :)