We found that the museums in the area were all free (donations accepted of course) so we chose to go to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Science. We were there for over two hours and still didn't finish! They had a lot of cool things.
For example, it felt like an aquarium! They had live fish and snakes for us to look at. Like this Sea Horse:
There were also displays of the different wildlife in the area. It showed how they lived, what they ate, etc. I was especially fascinated by the pelican. I'd never seen a pelican close up, and never seen how it caught fish.
They also had some dinosaur bones, and a display of how the dinosaur (I wish I could remember the name...he was scarier than T-Rex though!) would have lived and attacked other dinosaurs. This was the dinosaurs dinner...look how big it is in comparison to me! I would have been like a snack.
Another cool part of the museum was the display of a prehistoric shark that is a relative of the great white shark. They found 28 of his teeth in North Carolina...the most complete set anywhere.
I'd hate to run into him in the water...his teeth were the size of my head!
I seriously cannot wait for another opportunity to go to this museum, and the other museums in the area! They had an art museum, a history museum, a kid's museum...all free! Tyler said we will definitely bring our kids here some day.
And if any of you ever come to this area...check it out! It's so worth it!
1 comment:
Yay for free local activities! Good for you for discovering them and then starting to take advantage of them. =)
Post a Comment