Monday, November 15, 2010

A List of Blessings

It is so easy for me to focus in on the hard things in my life. The challenges and frustrations and stresses...we all have them.

Today I was reading a friend's blog and their positive attitude reminded me that despite the trials in my life...I have a lot of blessings. So I decided to list them.

And since it's November and seems to be the trend to list the things we are grateful for...let's count this as my thankful post. (though I may do another one later...who knows)

I am blessed...
*that Tyler has a job that meets our monetary needs.
*to have a job where it doesn't matter if I have to come in late because I woke up dizzy or sick (and where they don't mind if I need to take a nap in the middle of the day).
*with a mother-in-law who is always there for me, and who feeds and clothes me (I wouldn't have any maternity clothes yet if it wasn't for her!)
*to have a cell phone and access to computers, making it easy to keep in contact with family and friends across the country or across the world.
*that Tyler is currently living only two and a half hours away, making weekend and holiday visits possible.
*with a healthy baby who I feel squirming around all the time.
*with transporation I can rely on.
*to have my very own apartment.
*to be able to get heat in said apartment.
*with a husband who is perfect for me, and treats me with love and respect.
*to have many family members and friends who care about me and keep in contact with me.
*with physical health and strength (my wimpiness is all my own fault...I should exercise more).
*to have been given a good education and the opportunity to finish my bachelor's degree.
*with a dad who took his education seriously and can answer almost all of my medical questions (and thus keep me from spending unnecessary money on doctor's visits).
*with a knowledge that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and watches over me.
*to have experiences that strengthen my faith and testimony.

Of course this is such a small list of blessings...there are so many things I have been blessed with. Why is it that I forget so often?!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thank you for sharing. It's good to be reminded. =) I'm glad you have so many blessings for which to be thankful!