This job is a great opportunity for him individually, and for us as a family, but it's such a challenge to have him gone so often! I'm hoping to drive up there in two weeks to visit him.
We have settled into our own two bedroom apartment now, and it's nice to have some space to ourselves. Since we moved in a little less than two weeks ago I've been meaning to take pictures for my family in Utah to see...but I keep forgetting to charge the batteries for the camera. It's a nice place though, and now that Tyler has swept away all the cobwebs outside the front door and we've sprayed for bugs...I'm hoping my heart won't pound so hard when I'm unlocking the door to go inside! I hate bugs and there were about seven spiders living by the front door.
I get weekly email updates from babycenter.com telling me about our little baby's growth for the week. We really look forward to those. This week my baby is the size of a lime and the reflexes are developing. If I poke my abdomen, the baby will respond by kicking and squirming...but I won't actually feel that for a few more weeks. I haven't gained any weight yet, I've actually lost some (thanks morning sickness!). As I get close to hitting my second trimester, my morning sickness has decreased a lot, and I'm grateful for that!
Our LDS membership records still haven't come to South Carolina, so we aren't actually members of the ward here yet. I feel like we are permanent visitors. Hopefully that will get taken care of soon! We have talked to the executive secretary several times and last week took it to the bishop as well. Cross your fingers our records will get here! If they are lost, Tyler and I will have to be baptized again. Though...that would make a great story...
So far I have no plans for Halloween, but as all the holidays approach and I miss out on my family's regular traditions, I'm feeling very nostalgic and homesick. To remedy this, I'm going to try and carry out the traditions the best I can here. Wish me luck!
1 comment:
I'm glad the job is going well, though sorry you have to be separated for it. That's no fun!
Hurray for morning sickness subsiding!
That's crazy for your records to have possibly disappeared. Being rebaptized because of it certainly would be a great story! =D
I look forward to seeing the pics of your new place once you get the camera recharged. ;)
As you are celebrating holidays in a new place, my two cents is to recreate your favorite traditions and also add in some fun ones that are unique to your new location/situation. That way, as the years pass, you'll have some great memories of this new adventure. =) Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment