Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Plans

Confession:

Sometimes I get really emotional...and cry over dumb things. Like commercials for Pillsbury biscuits. I tried to find the commercial on YouTube, but I can't. Maybe that's a good thing. I can't even talk about the commercial without crying. So silly.

On to other stuff...

I had great plans for this Halloween (me=Flo from Progressive), but everything has been thrown off by a death. Today I will be participating in a funeral before going to the ward Trunk or Treat party. Which means if I have a costume, it has to be something really simple I can throw on after the funeral.

This week I have spent a lot of time (too much really) gathering all the ingredients for the cupcakes I wanted to make for the trunk or treat party. They came from a gourmet cupcake recipe book I got for my wedding. Cookies and Cream Cupcakes. You know it sounds good. I thought it would be a perfect Halloween treat if I used the Halloween Oreos...you know, with the orange creme in the middle? Who knew they'd be so hard to find!

Last night I baked four dozen cupcakes and today I will be frosting them. After the hours I've put into them (I drove around town for over two hours looking for the Oreos, no one in Sumter had them, so I had to look in Columbia...45 minutes away, and still went to three stores before I could find them! THEN I was up until 11:30 last night baking and freezing them*) they'd better be the best tasting cupcakes in the world!

Hopefully I will be able to report that my Halloween celebration was a blast, my cupcakes the talk of the town, and my simple costume very fantastic. And I plan to take pictures. If the cupcakes are as awesome as I'm hoping...I'll post the recipe. My hopes are high, since my mother in law was snacking on one last night :)

Happy Halloween!
(I assume most people are like me and using the whole weekend to celebrate)


*If you freeze a cake or cupcakes until you need them, it locks in the moisture and also makes them much easier to frost.

2 comments:

Kara Jarvis said...

That is hilarious, Tenika. I hope you're feeling okay!

Megan said...

You would make a good Flo! =) Wow, that is a lot of effort for Halloween oreos. You might have been better off buying regular Oreos and replacing the middles with frosting you'd tinted orange. ;) Sorry to hear there was a funeral to attend, though. Please post an update about what happened with Trunk or Treat -- your costume and your cupcakes! =)